Galaxy Note 3: Brightness bar disappeared from notification panel?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It probably overrides the settings in an existing app to force stop the bightness control...guessing...a lot of app can kill or take over the brightness controls to keep their app running as designed.

Tucay Castro

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I was facing the same problem, tried the above steps, did not work. Then after I cycled through all the brightness modes on the du power saver app, the brightness bar was back.

Hi, same problem here, i accidentally hit the power off button and when i power it on I was facing the same problem, i read above the night mode, downloaded it and nothing happens, downloaded DU power saver and it does bring my brightness and volume bar back. Thank you so much for this. I think night mode work on other and du power saver work on other as well, try both hope one of this app work on you. ☺

Wolfgang Slany

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Simple method without an additional app, found by trial and error before reading this thread: In the "Notification panel" device settings, *untick* the already ticked "Brightness adjustment" checkbox, *then* (and this seems to be the crucial step that has not been mentioned so far in this thread) go back out of this "Notification panel" screen by pressing on the arrow symbol at the top left, thereby coming back to the device settings screen, then once more go into the settings of the "Notification panel" and tick the "Brightness adjustment" checkbox to reactivate it, then once more go back to the device settings screen by pressing on the arrow at the top left. Voila! This worked already several times on my Note 3 running Android 5.0.

Last edited:

Glenn Lind

May 8, 2015
Visit site
It's a bug in the touchwiz. Usually happens when the phone changes from day to night or vice versa and the auto brightness isn't selected. By turning on auto brightness it the brightness bar will show again. Without purchasing any app, SETTINGS - > DISPLAY - > BRIGHTNESS - > AUTO

Alternately you can download a great app called HD Widgets which allows you to customize widgets. I made a 1x1 sized widget which toggles auto brightness on/off.

nikeshkm

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Wolfgang,
Which "arrow symbol at the top left" are you referring to? Can you please post the screenshot? I also have note 3 running 4.4.2? Is it only visible in 5.0?
Thanks.

ashrbini

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I already solved this and sorry i did not post the solution.
Download an app in the play store called NIGHT MODE by bruno...
Activate then deactivate.. the you will see your brightness slider back. U can uninstall the app later.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

smartypants

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Easier solution without any downloads. Click on S-finder and type in brightness. Scroll down to brightness adjustment and click. On new page Click on reset notification panel. Hoorah you're done! You're welcome

Last edited:

davidpwhite

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Just happened to me for the first time. I found that a system setting called pms_notification_panel_brightness_adjustment had been changed somehow from 1 (enabled) to 0 (disabled). this can be changed using some apps, I guess. But since I am rooted (this requires root) I simply opened a terminal window and:

Code:
su
settings put system pms_notification_panel_brightness_adjustment 1

and that brought the control back immediately. So worth a try for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware