Galaxy Note 3 - Netflix 1080p?

mindflux

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i know netflix is supposed to do 1080p HD on android 4.3 but I do not see any movies that show the hd symbol. Is netflix not updated yet to support the note 3? If it is then which movies are in1080p?

marc12868

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the hd anywhere on videos on Netflix but I do know that they will play in 1080p if available and man the walking dead looks nice in 1080p. I don't know that there is a way to be able to tell which movies and such are in 1080p unfortunately :/

Sent from my SM-N900T

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
i know netflix is supposed to do 1080p HD on android 4.3 but I do not see any movies that show the hd symbol. Is netflix not updated yet to support the note 3? If it is then which movies are in1080p?

I had the same exact question and I mean exact. I was too lazy to start the thread but figured that someone would ask soon enough. I was exited that the Note 3 came with 4.3 anticipating 1080P but it isn't there...smdh....

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone explain why it's not 2014 and the Note 3 still doesn't do HD on Netflix? Why? I thought Android 4.3 was to fix that?

I mean my Playstation Vita has an qHD OLED 960x544 @ 220 ppi and is actually sharper, more defined and smoother than my Samsung Note 3's HD Super AMOLED 1920x1080 @ 388 ppi running Netflix?! And not just a little bit either, the difference is very noticeable! But why?

5th

Last edited:

vigasan

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
How Netflix works is it plays every video at a low quality for a few minutes while it looks at your resources to see if HD capability is available (bandwidth-wise), it then adjusts the quality to the best it can, if you have a good connection it'll play HD, otherwise it won't.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If something on Netflix is hd then it plays hd. I stream Netflix from my note 3 to tv using Chromecast and hd is just fine. It's all about your Internet speed.. If you have a bad speed it won't play hd.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

heyjohnnybravo

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
My Note 3 plays everything I've thrown at it in HD. Well..everything that is HD to begin with.

Internet speed plays a big role in all of this.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If something on Netflix is hd then it plays hd. I stream Netflix from my note 3 to tv using Chromecast and hd is just fine. It's all about your Internet speed.. If you have a bad speed it won't play hd.

Just FYI you're not streaming it to your Chromecast.. It streams it itself.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I
Just FYI you're not streaming it to your Chromecast.. It streams it itself.

That's a pretty stupid comment, I know what I ment,, most people would know what I ment,, guess you need to feel smart. Hows this,, I pressed the buttons on my phone to initiate the streaming process to Chromecast. Is this better?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I

That's a pretty stupid comment, I know what I ment,, most people would know what I ment,, guess you need to feel smart. Hows this,, I pressed the buttons on my phone to initiate the streaming process to Chromecast. Is this better?

How is it stupid? We are talking about HD on the Note 3 and you say you pushed HD from your Note 3 to your Chromecast when... Your Note only told it to play... So It has nothing to do with HD on the Note 3 itself... So therefore absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

By your own logic how am I feeling smart if "everyone knows what you meant"? Just because you don't like me doesn't mean you need to get so pissy..

Last edited:

michelle scott13

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to ask a question here, but I figured you guys may know what I should do. I need help.
How do i set up my galaxy 3 to watch netflix. I signed in, but it says I cannot watch the shows. please help. 1st day w a smart phone. Totally clueless. I went into the phone to enable the cookies, but they were already on. Am I doing something wrong. I opened Netflix from google chrome. Not sure what to do. ANy help would be appreciated.

when I go to play a video on Netflix a page comes up saying "complete systems requirements" :'(
it goes on to say what kind of minimum requirements I need, but I don't know what I have. the box says. 4."8 hd super amoled touchscreen, 8.0 omp camera with hd video capture, 1.5 ghz dual-core processor, 3g/4g wifi and Bluetooth capable,andriod 4.1 jelly bean

I hope that helps someone so that they can help me.

Thanks in advance.
Michelle

Last edited:

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of factors that go into if you can get HD or not. Internet speed (and not just speed but also the provider and if the port is open etc). you can force a higher bit rate on a computer (ctl+alt+shft+s I believe?) but not on a phone. Also, depending how many users are on Netflix can also affect quality. Google it, there's a nicely written article out there on why you can't always get HD

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

michelle scott13

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to ask a question here, but I figured you may know what I should do. I need help.
How do i set up my galaxy 3 to watch netflix. I signed in, but it says I cannot watch the shows. please help. 1st day w a smart phone. Totally clueless. I went into the phone to enable the cookies, but they were already on. Am I doing something wrong. I opened Netflix from google chrome. Not sure what to do. ANy help would be appreciated.

when I go to play a video on Netflix a page comes up saying "complete systems requirements"
it goes on to say what kind of minimum requirements I need, but I don't know what I have. the box says. 4."8 hd super amoled touchscreen, 8.0 omp camera with hd video capture, 1.5 ghz dual-core processor, 3g/4g wifi and Bluetooth capable,andriod 4.1 jelly bean

I hope that helps someone so that they can help me.

Thanks in advance.
Michelle