Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First

Phribird6338

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a 10,000 mAh battery and had those similar issues. One thing i have done is discharge the battery to 5% , charge the phone with the power off all the way to 100%. Use the phone has you would normally the next day, let it drain to 5% again. ( it may drain quickly the second day. ) Repeat this process for two more days. Hopefully this will calibrate the battery and the phone to match. Please post results.

I have recently started using the zerolemon 10000mah battery & now on day 7 ive let it go between 2 & 5% & charged beyond full 100% & yet my battery % iz still rediculously off! Ive even downloaded calibration apps but most of them requure rooted phones! Did u ever get a normal reading?

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I've had my phone for about a year now. Bought new, direct from AT&T. I've recently started having serious battery drain, even when I'm not using my phone.

Here's a look at what's pulling juice. I have no idea why Yahoo is sucking the life out of my battery because I rarely use it and haven't used the app lately.

I did the cache wipe as recommended at the beginning of this thread with minor improvement. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• 1455422703792.jpg
    1455422703792.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 43
  • 1455422717816.jpg
    1455422717816.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 44

daehttub01

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Yahoo recently updated their mail app. When I have apps that go flaky after an update, I uninstall, on/offpower cycle with wipe partition cache. That sometimes fixes things. Otherwise I simply uninstall the app for a while until they fix the app. I check the most recent Google play reviews for clues.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Man, you turn off cellular and this things goes for days and days, getting email, alerts, etc..

Attachments

• note 4 no cellular.jpg
    note 4 no cellular.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 48

Greg P1

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I get about 18 hours on the power-save setting. I also use black backgrounds, because it means AMOLED elements aren't turned on, unlike LCDs, which only block the backlight, which remains on.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody here have experience with the Note 5 and the note 4? I recently got a note 5 from Amazon and though it's a great phone I have to charge That Thing 2 or 3 times a day and that is very unusual. I was curious how they Note 4 battery life compared especially for heavy users

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Rukbat, thank you. I am currently using stock email and there is no option of 'push' I had looked for it prior. I also use a Gmail account (have not checked that one) I did try to condition the battery as you stated. Screen shots attached. Thank you to you both for trying to help.

How did you get to the sync schedule screen in gmail?

TheSprings

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
A bit different take on battery life problem. A couple weeks ago my Note 4 got very warm and the battery discharged over half it's charge in less than an hour.

A couple hours ago it did it again.

No new apps. Until these events I typically got 8-12 hours battery life.

Battery end of useful life? Phone dying? ????

daehttub01

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
A bit different take on battery life problem. A couple weeks ago my Note 4 got very warm and the battery discharged over half it's charge in less than an hour.

A couple hours ago it did it again.

No new apps. Until these events I typically got 8-12 hours battery life.

Battery end of useful life? Phone dying? ????
There are a couple of possibilities. The recent security updates for firmware (monthly now for past two or three months) for the Galaxy Note 4 caused massive heating and (+200 degrees F !) and required a battery pull for it to cool down and a wipe cache partition to fix the problem. The other problem could be fake Samsung batteries. Anything less than $30 for a Samsung Note 4 battery is a fake. They have run out at the samsung.com store.

daehttub01

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody here have experience with the Note 5 and the note 4? I recently got a note 5 from Amazon and though it's a great phone I have to charge That Thing 2 or 3 times a day and that is very unusual. I was curious how they Note 4 battery life compared especially for heavy users
Welcome to life with a sealed nonreplaceable battery. I would make sure you are using the power saving option and check how often certain apps (email, social media) are synching data in the background. They will kill your battery. With genuine Samsung batteries I can still go at least a solid 8 hours on a battery on my Galaxy Note 4. Not to rub it in I can also swap in a fresh battery in seconds if neccessary. As a Note 4 nerd, I have a small pile of extra batteries with me at all times.

Steve Low2

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I keep suffering with sudden battery drain as per pic. Not got a clue what causes it so any help would be gratefully received! Frequently from anywhere between 40 and 60% - instant shut down and when phone is plugged back in to charge - it shows 0% battery and recharges as normal if not slightly quicker!
Screenshot_2017-04-06-15-16-07.jpg
Steve