Galaxy Note 4: I Got Mine !!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes well, I suppose by the time I can afford the Note 4 the Note 5 will be around the corner anyway lol. I'm currently grandfathered into unlimited data at Verizon so no matter what I'm gonna have to pay full retail in order to keep it. We have two lines for about 187 bucks a month unlimited data right now. If we switched to Edge it would cost us double that. I sure do miss being able to upgrade through that loop hole Verizon just recently closed where we would upgrade our 3 other dumb phone lines we had (which we've now closed out) and then would switch the new phone right over to the smart phone lines to keep unlimited data. Ahhhh. Those were the days

Sent From A Galaxy Note 3 Far Far Away
Well, I actually have 2 unlimited data lines and 2 basic lines as we have been doing the alternate upgrades as well. I go through my guy at the Verizon kiosk at Costco and had planned to do that with new Note 4.

After weeks the phone finally came in and when I went to get it, he told me how that loop hole was closing....and now if you use the basic line to upgrade and then move the phone VZW makes you keep a $30 data plan on the basic line for like 2 years! He said, let's try it and if it does impose the $30, you can just cancel that line after you move the phone, as that line is out of contract..... Ok let's do it I said and it went through without $30 staying on the line!! Yes!

Even though I still have unlimited on both my husband and mine I still try to be very conscious of my data and I have never gone above 3.5GB in a month, but am concerned since I got the N4 my Verizon says I used over 5GB in 2 weeks! I have not done anything differently and have heard many others say the same.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
We have 5 lines. 3 are dumb phone lines. So data for the two lines is 29.99 each. Plus we have a text messaging plan yada yada. I guess its more like 150 bucks a month.

Feeling like mine is so expensive....
2 unlimited lines
2 basic lines
1 $10 text plan
1 $5 text plan
Share 1400 minutes
$215 a month!

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Even though I still have unlimited on both my husband and mine I still try to be very conscious of my data and I have never gone above 3.5GB in a month, but am concerned since I got the N4 my Verizon says I used over 5GB in 2 weeks! I have not done anything differently and have heard many others say the same.

Wow my maximum has been 760mb I'm doing the stuff on WiFi only. Mobile Internet is used for stuff like sport standings, surfing, mms and podcast download. I'm also always declining Internet access to apps that don't need it

Did you watch QHD videos or stuff like that?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow my maximum has been 760mb I'm doing the stuff on WiFi only. Mobile Internet is used for stuff like sport standings, surfing, mms and podcast download. I'm also always declining Internet access to apps that don't need it

Did you watch QHD videos or stuff like that?
Well, I'm hoping that it was due to issues I was having with my old SD card which was constantly Index Servicing.... Although not sure if that sucks data.... I got the N4 on 11/29 used the Samsung Smart Switch app to transfer from N2 to N4 and then normal set up playing around with shiny new phone. I watched 1 movie 1 time for 5 minutes just to see how it looked on N4. So besides that, just normal everyday business use, phone calls. text, email, some FB, words with friends (battery hog).....

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you now I'm a bit worried because I've wanted to use smart switch too and then port the apps over using Titanium backup pro

margmel

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!
Congrats for all the new owners, hope you enjoy your new phone :)
I am considering buying the Note 4 but I am not sure about the size of the phone. I am currently using an old Nokia phone and it's pretty small. I have never used something big like that before hehe
Is it comfortable to handle and does it happen you really hate the size?
Thanks in advance :)

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Feeling like mine is so expensive....
2 unlimited lines
2 basic lines
1 $10 text plan
1 $5 text plan
Share 1400 minutes
$215 a month!
That does sound a bit expensive @Gregmargie. Now you've got me curious about trying to upgrade. My guy at Verizon was doing the switch thing for us for years and when they closed the loop hole he told me about having to pay the 30 bucks a month for the 2g of data thing so I gave up. Maybe I oughta contact him again and see if I can get lucky like you did!!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That does sound a bit expensive @Gregmargie. Now you've got me curious about trying to upgrade. My guy at Verizon was doing the switch thing for us for years and when they closed the loop hole he told me about having to pay the 30 bucks a month for the 2g of data thing so I gave up. Maybe I oughta contact him again and see if I can get lucky like you did!!

I thought you said you cancelled the basic lines you had?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I am considering buying the Note 4 but I am not sure about the size of the phone. I am currently using an old Nokia phone and it's pretty small. I have never used something big like that before hehe
Hello and welcome. I think everyone's own perspective is different as to what is big or small to them. It truly depends on your use too... If you like putting it in a pocket... I put mine in my purse, so not an issue for me. If you are coming from a small phone that you have been used to the difference might be overwhelming or extremely welcomed! You get used to it really quick. I personally Love the size and could Never go back to anything smaller! I also use the Spen for everything in place of my finger.... My phone is like my mobile computer when I am away from my desktop or laptop....Good luck in your decision!

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
What are you worried about? The Smart Switch worked fine for the most part.

Oh nice to hear so we've gone for it today but sadly the new contract offer only starts in 2015 (good job teasing me pr people .😈..) 4 week next year so we had the option to wait or buy them off contact for 1.100 € combined which obviously wasn't an option

But man I already couldn't put it down and thanks to the side kick bar even my gf has no problems operating it one handed. This beast is easily the best phone Samsung has ever built.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
We suspended two until we decide what we wanna do and the third is still active until 2015 September. We will most likely cancel all 3 because of this closed loop hole nonsense.

You should definitely go see your guy that used to do the transfers for you! Worth a shot and make sure it's one of the basic lines that is out of contract as my guy told me if the 30 gets added, you can cancel that line..... I didn't have to do that so I am not sure if that is correct or not.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Once you cancel the line dp you have to pay an early termination fee?

If that line is still under contract, then I would say yes, they will charge you ETF. That's why I said, do it with one of your basic lines that is out of contract. According to what my guy said, if the 30 gets added, then you can just cancel that line after you switch the new phone.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I was worried at first. I REALLY wanted the Note 3 last year, but after holding it and playing in store I thought it would just be too darn big for me. I got the S5 on release day this year but was always distracted by how nice the note screens looked and the S-Pen and blah blah blah. Well, in November I finally gave in and went in store to play with the N4. Purchased it that day and have zero regrets. For the first week it was a bit of an adjustment... but now, I can do everything with one hand (without resizing the screen or anything) and now that I'm used to it, the phone doesn't feel any less comfortable in my hand than my S5 did. If you want it, buy it! (=

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
If that line is still under contract, then I would say yes, they will charge you ETF. That's why I said, do it with one of your basic lines that is out of contract. According to what my guy said, if the 30 gets added, then you can just cancel that line after you switch the new phone.
But when you upgrade the dumb phone line aren't you signing a new 2 year contract? So when u go to cancel the line you would have to pay and Etf wouldn't you.?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
But when you upgrade the dumb phone line aren't you signing a new 2 year contract? So when u go to cancel the line you would have to pay and Etf wouldn't you.?

The way the 'alternate' upgrade always worked was.....

Transfer upgrade to dumb line.
Upgrade new subsidized phone.
Move new phone to Unlimited line, that line renews for 2 years. Nothing changes on dumb line. So if it was out of contract it should remain that way. This is exactly how he did mine the end of November, but it was uncertain if that $30 would get added monthly..... It didn't on mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky