Galaxy Note: Problem with Kies and Update

Thomas Schwarz

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem with Kies and Update

Kies is such an useless piece of garbage.
ITunes sometimes also had a bug in a new update. But it took maximum days for Apple to bring a fix in a new update.
Backup on a S4 (kies and phone with latest updates) just gets stuck for hours at variable points within the Backup. Only chance is to cancel.
After that you have hell of a lot of subfolders in kies backup folder...those are all empty!
One time it went through, hurray! Just could not backup the apps. Kies offers to backup apps, but obviously this is not possible unless you jailbreak the phone. Anyway after this successfull (WHAT AJOKE.!) backup, there was nothing to find to restore......kies backup folder had two files with a few kb......
Kies is programmed by amateurs and only released after hard testing by monkeys.

In iTunes: can set the iPhone to connect automatically if in the wifi at home, full backup of 64 Gb model when almost fully utilized the 64 GB takes a few minutes in the background. You get ONE FILE where you can decide where to store it (i.e on my NAS). And in case of iPhone backup means that when y ou take any empty phone and restore it, it will be EXACTLY 100% like the phone you Made the backup from. And that means EVERYTHING including apps and settings!

I really am not a friend of Apple (one time Apple....always Apple) but compared to that garbage Samsung offers I cannot belive, that they sold more phones than Apple. Samsung, pray that the Asians never wake up!

Last edited:

Jessica Kramolowski

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Same problem for me except the window would stay grayed out and "not responding. Im on Windows 7 64 bit with galaxy s2 T989. I changed compatibility to XP sp3 and run as admin, but no luck. After reboots and different usb ports same problem. Finally after it happened again, i manually ended the program AND ALL of its processes(like 5-6 of them) in task manager. I opened kies again and the update worked fine. I ended kies main process before but not all of them. Ctrl+alt+del and end these processes; admindelegator.exe, connectionmanager.exe, sgh-t989.exe, kiespdlr.exe, devicemanager.exe, kies.exe, kiestrayagent.exe and restart kies. hope it helps.

ralph25911

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

I've had an on and off problem/s with Kies, it is the most temperamental pce of software ever and their technical, though knowledgeable, really could not assist.
But for those who, like me, rely on syncing their schedules with outlook, this is the best sync software ever:
FJ Software Development, MyPhoneExplorer, easy to setup and use.
With regards to Kies updates, if you do not, Kies will just stop working, but if you only use Kies for the podcasts, that's the only thing it is good for and not much else.
Sad to say this but it's true. Whoever created MyPhone Explorer deserves ALL the credit and donations, even though it is freeware, they well deserve it.
A Big thank you to them, for giving me an alternative to using rubbish Kies!

KYS021

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I downloaded a Kies for Mac update a couple of days ago. Since then, there is no longer an option to sync multimedia. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

androidddd

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

check that you have the latest version of Samsung Kies installed, then if you have updated reboot the computer, you don't have to boot the phone into download mode, it will do it for you. you might want to check the samsung official youtube videos on updating through Kies, maybe there's something you missed out, and make sure the battery is fully charged i dont know if that matters because it is charging when you connected

sponserthis

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

This is the exact problem I'm having. It'll connect and go through the download process but once it gets to the point where it want to start downloading to my phone, the download window flashed for a second, then Kies starts reconnecting to my phone... then the whole process starts over.

amgatx

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

I have had this exact same problem. The phone connects, the firmware updates appears to download to the PC, and then when the phone should shut down to start updating, the software would disconnect then automatically reconnect. The firmware update menu pops up again and asks me if I want to update it.

I found the issue must have been related to insufficient available space on the C: drive. The message originally alerted me that it needed 4400MB of available space, and I thought I had cleared that much out. However, I found that in reality the program needed something like 5 or 6GB of available space. Once I had deleted enough things, and rebooted enough times, and tapped my heels 3 times while facing east, the Android 4.3 update installed to my phone the very next time with no problem whatsoever.

One last recommendation though, when the program seems to have finished, and it says to reboot the phone, unplug the cable and replug in the cable, don't do it. Just wait for your phone to finish rebooting by itself. I unplugged the cable when the Galaxy Note 2 splash screen showed up, and it froze there until I plugged the cable back in. I'm not sure what that is all about; try leaving it plugged in. Everything seems to have updated properly.

1mumbo

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I had all the issues above with KIES and more with Windows 7. Tried all the things people listed on the forums but still a very frustrating product refusing to synch, needed the phone to be reset and the PC restarted often to get a synch after many tries, updates were a trial etc. Then I decided to update my PC and move to Windows 8 at the same time just because my PC was 5 years old. Result - no more problems at all, synchs every time. I don't know if it is the new PC or Windows 8, but suspect the move to Windows 8 is the solution. So does anyone out there have an issue with KIES on Windows 8? I don't really want to know, but it would be interesting to see if the synch issues are confined mainly to Win7 and earlier.

robthomps82

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 2 sgh-t889, kies says there's an update available, and I go through the process, it says downloading on my phone and not to turn off target, but it doesn't go past there. A popup in Windows says it couldn't determine whether my phone was a built in battery or not. Why did it do that. I ended up unplugging the USB and restarted my phone and thankfully it started right back up with no loss. I'm afraid if I do it again it will lose everything. I have everything backed up. I just want to upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.3. Should I try removing the SD card like previous posts?

Jessica Kay1

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

having issues as well, everytime i try to update my note 3 (sprint) it goes all the way to 69% then stops and says its found and error but i'm not sure what the error could be. I've removed rooting from it, factory reset it and hard reset it, still the same error, any thoughts?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci