Galaxy Note2 N7100 Sound Problem

djdk_s

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I bought a Galaxy Note2 (N7100) unlocked-factory from Amazon, the phone worked perfect for 4 weeks. Since then, the sound is completely gone. I can't hear anything from the ear and loud speakers and even from headphone, and the microphone does not work. More strangely, the phone restarts by itself every 2-3 minutes and once in 15-20 restarts the sound comes back for a few seconds! Does anyone have any idea about my problem? Please help.
Thanks

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not so sure about that. Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Sent from my VZW Note 2 using Android Central Forums

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The tread title is relevant enough, so am posting here in hopes others are experiencing this. Don't wish upon others but hoping for some insight.
The past week I'm getting random pop and crackle noises when starting a song. Sound is close to a popping noise when plugging into a headset or audio source that has speaker volume noticeably high. My phone volume is less than half. Can duplicate the issue with two different headsets. Music is stored on a 64GB SANDisk card so that's one concern given the quality problems for this vendor. The other possible source is the music player -in this case Rocket Player. Been happy with Rocket Player and no issues until recently. Assuming its not the phone itself, do any of these symptoms sound familiar?

FlyingBackwards

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The tread title is relevant enough, so am posting here in hopes others are experiencing this. Don't wish upon others but hoping for some insight.
The past week I'm getting random pop and crackle noises when starting a song. Sound is close to a popping noise when plugging into a headset or audio source that has speaker volume noticeably high. My phone volume is less than half. Can duplicate the issue with two different headsets. Music is stored on a 64GB SANDisk card so that's one concern given the quality problems for this vendor. The other possible source is the music player -in this case Rocket Player. Been happy with Rocket Player and no issues until recently. Assuming its not the phone itself, do any of these symptoms sound familiar?

try a different music player such as JetAudio

do a factory reset

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
try a different music player such as JetAudio

do a factory reset
I temporarily uninstalled Rocket Player and unfroze the default Music player. This allows for one variable change at a time.

I see Factory Reset as a last resort. Recently did that when flashing to a custom ROM, so will hold off on resets.

Leslie Hodges

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing! Started yesterday after I woke up from a nap...backed up all of my data and did a factory reset...did not help. If anything it made the system more unstable. I'm taking my phone to the sprint store today. I'll keep you posted.

Sarah_Kirschbaum

May 23, 2013
Visit site
this is still the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 section, right? :)

The N7100 is clearly not the Verizon version of Note 2. :)

Does the N7100 come with any warranty when purchased from Amazon?(Amazon.com itself or third-party)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter