Galaxy S21 may get S Pen as Samsung said to ditch Galaxy Note series?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: 2021 Samsung S21 / Note 21

If Samsung replaces the Note with the Fold, the Fold will be the revenue booster.
The fold is not main stream enough at this point in time to sell well enough to be a revenue booster. They have a long way to go just to break even with R&D and Marketing alone if they do ever do. In addition the screen surface is too scratch prone to become a Note if that means including an Spen unless they make a felt like tip.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Another year, another rumor the Note line is dead. This has been happening since 2016.

First they said there wouldn't be a Note because the S6 Edge and Note 5 were essentially the same phone but the Note 7 still came.

Then they claimed there wouldn't be a Note 8 because the Note name was ruined by the Note 7 recall.

Note 9 and Note 10 were rumored not to exist because yet again little differentiates them from the S line.

Then the S20 Ultra was rumored to have a pen and we wouldn't get a Note 20 because that or the fold would replace it.

Numerous people and writers over the years have questioned the value of the S Pen and suggested Samsung should abandon it because no one wants a stylus, people just buy the Note because it's the best phone they have each year and users would benefit more from increased battery.

It's possible the Note will go away, but I'm waiting for confirmation from Samsung.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Another year, another rumor the Note line is dead. This has been happening since 2016.

First they said there wouldn't be a Note because the S6 Edge and Note 5 were essentially the same phone but the Note 7 still came.

Then they claimed there wouldn't be a Note 8 because the Note name was ruined by the Note 7 recall.

Note 9 and Note 10 were rumored not to exist because yet again little differentiates them from the S line.

Then the S20 Ultra was rumored to have a pen and we wouldn't get a Note 20 because that or the fold would replace it.

Numerous people and writers over the years have questioned the value of the S Pen and suggested Samsung should abandon it because no one wants a stylus, people just buy the Note because it's the best phone they have each year and users would benefit more from increased battery.

It's possible the Note will go away, but I'm waiting for confirmation from Samsung.
If the Note didn't have an Spen I would just get the S series

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

If Samsung replaces the Note with the Fold, the Fold will be the revenue booster.

doubt it, too expensive. sales will be on the low side. If samsung decides to do away with the note series, I am pretty sure the s-pen will move to another and I will most likely follow

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site

doubt it, too expensive. sales will be on the low side. If samsung decides to do away with the note series, I am pretty sure the s-pen will move to another and I will most likely follow

I'm thinking Samsung will add S-pen support to the Fold. If that happens (along with price cuts and/or incentives), the Fold is a potential replacement for the Note.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm thinking Samsung will add S-pen support to the Fold. If that happens (along with price cuts and/or incentives), the Fold is a potential replacement for the Note.
The fold can't handle an Spen in it's current state.
The Fold and the Note are two different beasts and the Note isn't going anywhere.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

The fold can't handle an Spen in it's current state.
The Fold and the Note are two different beasts and the Note isn't going anywhere.
Exactly, they not going do ditch the Note line that's established for many years and put a product that's not even refined or established yet with SPen and be the next Note , I just don't see this happening.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm one who feels most don't use the s pen. As others say, the note is simply the top of the line specs wise and was always had the bigger screen. I could see Samsung ditching the note series at some point.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Since the iPhone didn't get pencil support, I don't think Samsung will do much with the S series and an spen. And since Apple has 4 phones coming Samsung will probably keep 4 flagship phones on the market for a while.

I also could see the 2 flagship year cycle continuing. Two big events for big publicity. Plus shoppers walking into a store asking for the newest and latest and greatest will have one. Plus if a customers phone goes out, customers can pick up a new one, if they want.

If they do merge them, Maybe moving then to the fall? A 6 month old Android vs a new iPhone... people might want the newest.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm one who feels most don't use the s pen. As others say, the note is simply the top of the line specs wise and was always had the bigger screen. I could see Samsung ditching the note series at some point.

I've haven't seen anything to indicate whether people who buy the Note use the Spen or not. My guess is that those that don't use it don't keep buying notes. The top of the line S series is close enough in specs these days for those who don't need the Spen

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've haven't seen anything to indicate whether people who buy the Note use the Spen or not. My guess is that those that don't use it don't keep buying notes. The top of the line S series is close enough in specs these days for those who don't need the Spen
I use the SPen all the time on my phone and tablet. Interesting how people who don't use it imply the 'Royal We' to all Note users.

As others have said the death of the Note series is predicted every year. Yes, I am sure Samsung wants to give up their second half revenue boost. Samsung's last quarter was one of their most profitable ever. High end phones were a big boost even in this COVID-19 year.

Samsung is not going to increase the cost of the S series by adding the hardware to support the SPen. The cost is more than just the pen. Samsung now has two main phone revenue releases a year, about six months apart. Gives Samsung a big revenue advantage over their competitors.

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
i have been seeing more and more rumors about Samsung killing off the Note series, and honestly i still cant believe. the Note series has been one of their most popular and successful phones. so why ditch it? the Foldables are still a new concept, and with no tru glass screen, how will the stylus react?? and then adding SPen support to the S series is another wonder. why Samsung??? i would love to have the Note series continue and they can jus add SPen support for other phones if they want. i am seriously not gonna like Samsung if they kill off the Note series. i know i am just one person and my money will not hurt a big company like Samsung but this is just crazy thinking. so if the Note 20 is the last Note ever made then that's the phone i want the Note 20 Ultra. and then i would say Bye to Samsung.

still cant believe those people even thought of killing off the Note series, which crazy exec or research person made that call.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos