galaxy s21 Ultra Ringtone prblem

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I can't select ringtone for my phone.when I click on Ringtones in Settings an "Over the Horizon" file plays some music for to be the tone when my phone rings.
I tried everything to get rid of it whitout success.The same for the Notification as well.I need help!Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Introductions forum to the S21 Ultra forum.

If you see a different screen than what mustang7757 showed above, then try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Reset All App Preferences, then try selecting a ringtone again and see if it gives you a few choices for apps to complete the action.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
when I go to Setting>Sound>Ring tones the stock tone list does not appear, instead it comes Over_the Horizon mp3.and this becomes my ringtone in both phone and notifications. I have the phone for awhile now and all was well until this happened. I am not sure,but think I accidentally clicked on something. BTW I tried your suggestion to reset the App.and found the stock list of ringtone and I get all the sound there but my ringtone remains the same:Over_the-Horizon.mp3 playing a song instead one of the stock ringtone. Thanks for the help sofar!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
when I go to Setting>Sound>Ring tones the stock tone list does not appear, instead it comes Over_the Horizon mp3.and this becomes my ringtone in both phone and notifications. I have the phone for awhile now and all was well until this happened. I am not sure,but think I accidentally clicked on something. BTW I tried your suggestion to reset the App.and found the stock list of ringtone and I get all the sound there but my ringtone remains the same:Over_the-Horizon.mp3 playing a song instead one of the stock ringtone. Thanks for the help sofar!
Can you show a screenshot?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you see the ringtone list and select any of them, does the phone play a sample for you?

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I wish I could tell you but I fixed it the way got it-accidently.Iwas poking around and next thing I see it was what I wanted.Now I can select any ringtone from that stock list.But I am convinced that your suggestions pointed me to the right direction.Thanks again!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wish I could tell you but I fixed it the way got it-accidently.Iwas poking around and next thing I see it was what I wanted.Now I can select any ringtone from that stock list.But I am convinced that your suggestions pointed me to the right direction.Thanks again!
Ok great, your welcome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance