Galaxy S3: I can connect to tethering but not in wifi routers, why?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S3: I can connect to tethering but not in wifi routers

I can't connect to wifi routers even if it an open network, but i can connect easily to wifi tethering from other android mobile cellphones. I have searched for other alternatives like turning off my wifi power saving. It worked but i only have a limited connection then after that i can't connect anymore. Please help :(

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3: I can connect to tethering but not in wifi routers

I can't connect to wifi routers even if it an open network, but i can connect easily to wifi tethering from other android mobile cellphones. I have searched for other alternatives like turning off my wifi power saving. It worked but i only have a limited connection then after that i can't connect anymore. Please help :(

Welcome to Android Central!

Is it just your personal router that you are having the issue with? Have you tried rebooting it and or checking the security settings?

Junice Grana

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3: I can connect to tethering but not in wifi routers

Nope, I'm having issues with other wifi routers as well. I can't connect with any routers at all, may they be open or password protected. Though my S3 can connect to my connectify wifi through my laptop and tethering hotspots from android devices only. I tried using software update but it doesn't work :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp