Galaxy s3 in Canada

Soon2B

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone done speedtests yet on their device. I have.

Heres what I had on mine. Im in Kingston Ontario. Wifi is off. The two at 4 were from one end of town, and the other 3 were at my apartment.

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine is showing "2012-06-27 05:07 PM Shipment In Transit via MONCTON, NB depot" from Telus. I will only get it tomorrow but my wife is home all day so it should be waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow night. I was really hoping for it tonight but I had a few things to do which means I will be able to play with my new toy all night! :D

BankZ_89

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Who are you with? My Telus store ran out. Should be in today. I'm also hoping for the $50 rebate as a result.

I'm also with Telus.. And I pre-ordered late (June 20th)

I was surprised when it was shipped to my door on day 1, thought for sure there would've been a shortage or delay. :)

gadgetgirl

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I preordered the first day i could along time ago.....through future shop to be on the Rogers network. Still no phone (I ordered the pebble blue) they did phone and tell me that they are giving me a $25. gift card because of the delay? I am calling tomorrow to see what is going on.

anon(823957)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Quick question for you guys... Virgin is advertising this thing as LTE (as I'm sure all your carriers are as well), I'm in the coverage area but I'm only seeing H+ as the network... I'm just wondering if this is the only icon or if I'm actually not getting LTE

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Quick question for you guys... Virgin is advertising this thing as LTE (as I'm sure all your carriers are as well), I'm in the coverage area but I'm only seeing H+ as the network... I'm just wondering if this is the only icon or if I'm actually not getting LTE

1- Do you have an LTE sim card?

2- Make sure you call Virgin and that you are running an LTE data plan

Reactions: anon(823957)

anon(823957)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
1- Do you have an LTE sim card?

2- Make sure you call Virgin and that you are running an LTE data plan

Definitely have an LTE SIM, and I have 6GB in my plan. I'll have to call later. I was just curious if LTE would show a different icon in the coverage indicator.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I preordered the first day i could along time ago.....through future shop to be on the Rogers network. Still no phone (I ordered the pebble blue) they did phone and tell me that they are giving me a $25. gift card because of the delay? I am calling tomorrow to see what is going on.

The stores have stock... just go into the store and tell them you have a pre-order. They have stock set aside for people who pre-ordered.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Definitely have an LTE SIM, and I have 6GB in my plan. I'll have to call later. I was just curious if LTE would show a different icon in the coverage indicator.

When I had the GS2 with Rogers, before I call Rogers it would just show 4g on top when they activated my LTE, it then showed up on top.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... if you have 4G LTE it will say LTE. I don't have an LTE plan... so my phone right now just says 4G... which I'm told is really 3G.

anon(823957)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
So perhaps a good bit of info for anyone on Virgin, if you have one of the "my buddies" plans, they don't classify that as a smartphone plan, and therefore you max out at HSPA+.

My plan consists of 6GB data, yet they won't call that a smartphone plan... sounds odd to me, but I'm not giving it up for what little I'm paying for it. I can live without the LTE for a while.

gadgetgirl

May 11, 2012
Visit site
update still no pebble blue for rogers they are getting limited phones, anyway i asked them the magical question what is the sense of preordering and said if you have a white one i will take that, so i am so happy to finally get my hands on this slick phone! oh and they gave me a $50.gift card for all the aggravation!

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
GEMGirl!!! They have the phones in stores! I currently own a Pebble Blue Rogers SGS3! Just goto a store!!! Best Buy and Future Shop can access your Rogers account details...

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys - I had a Bell Galaxy S Vibrant (with that LOVELY faulty motherboard recall issue) but left Android on phone (still have it on my HP Touchpad) and went iPhone about a year ago. I also had a white BB Bold 9900, which I sold yesterday. Picked up a 16 GB Pebble Blue SGS3 about an hour ago.

What a phone.

The_Finja

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just so I'm clear, I'm with Telus and at the top of my phone it says 4G is this LTE? It seems pretty fast, (way faster than my bb with H+)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174