Galaxy s3 in Canada

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Just so I'm clear, I'm with Telus and at the top of my phone it says 4G is this LTE? It seems pretty fast, (way faster than my bb with H+)
I had the BB and H+, the connection that the S3 has is a lot faaaaster.
Downloaded 3mb in seconds, pretty neat. LTE or 4G I believe is the same.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just so I'm clear, I'm with Telus and at the top of my phone it says 4G is this LTE? It seems pretty fast, (way faster than my bb with H+)

I'm on Telus and where I lose LTE speeds, it shows 4G in the notification bar. You may be in an area that doesn't have a good LTE signal, so you're connection will drop down to 4G (HSPA+) speeds.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I got my s3 about a week ago and I'm loving it. Whole different experience from blackberry.

But I don't see lte, only 4g, on the notification bar. At first I thought it was because I was in Mississauga, but apparently there's supposed to be Rogers LTE service there. I even noticed that when I was in Toronto the notification still said 4g. Any idea why?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

anon(823957)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
6GB? Isn't that expensive? Wow

Nah not if you catch carriers at the right time. Rogers just did a 6gb/$60 plan yesterday and Bell/Virgin followed up with another one today.

I switched mine to the latest one today so I should be getting LTE, just waiting for that icon to pop up :mad: might need to give them another call.

MattSchollz

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello my Canadian brethren hehe :) this is kind of off topic but I figured it didn't warrant its own thread. Do you guys know of any retail stores that have actually half decent pricing on microSD cards? All the usual suspects (futureshop, bestbuy etc) are insanely overpriced. (see $40 for a class 10 16gb card). While I'm not opposed to buying online, my S3 is coming in the next few days and I would love to have the card right off the bat. If theres no good stores, anyone know of any good online Canadian retailers (or ships to Canada) with a sale right now or something? Thanks.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello my Canadian brethren hehe :) this is kind of off topic but I figured it didn't warrant its own thread. Do you guys know of any retail stores that have actually half decent pricing on microSD cards? All the usual suspects (futureshop, bestbuy etc) are insanely overpriced. (see $40 for a class 10 16gb card). While I'm not opposed to buying online, my S3 is coming in the next few days and I would love to have the card right off the bat. If theres no good stores, anyone know of any good online Canadian retailers (or ships to Canada) with a sale right now or something? Thanks.

I work at the Source, we just had a 16gb for 14.99 and a 32 for 24.99. Now I'm off for a few days so I don't know if anything has changed but look into it. They go on sale a lot too.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tapin4par

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

I got a lexar class 10 32gb at BB for $40. I thought it was a decent deal at the time, but it probably wasn't a great deal. I'm happy with its performance so far, though.

The sale price at the source is pretty good, provided that the performance is good.

MattSchollz

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Ya I checked out The Source, some decent deals but class 10 still really expensive. Ended up buying a (supposedly) genuine Sandisk 32gb card on eBay. Seller had a lot of good feedback for that particular card so hopefully it works out. Thanks for the replies anyway. Lovin the S3 so far, even if it meant re-upping with Rogers hehehe. Pretty excited about having 6gb of data to go crazy with. I had 500mb with my iPhone and don't think I ever went over. I really have to get my monies worth now :cool:

Terminator91

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Call retentions when you re-up... You'll get a plan easily $15+ dollars cheaper a month than any futureshop or bestbuy can get you. Sure you'll pay a bit more for the device upfront, but that also means less you'll have to pay if you wanted to cancel. I think I got the 6 gb super plan and voicemail/calling thrown in for about $50 a month. Though I have been a "loyal" customer since the early 90's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred