Galaxy S3 International-No 3G or 4G on T-Mobile

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
maybe its about size... samsung wanted every version of s3 to be exactly the same. maybe they couldnt fit quad core into the US version with the LTE components. US + international seem to have similar performance. id like to see how battery life compares.. :)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile USA m8 :D only time I used m8 was when I was travelling in Cambodia. Lots of m8's doing lots of crazy work there.
Why here is the US we got the dual and there you guys get the quad?????

Because they were being jerks at sammy.

They claimed it was because of lte, but capability and said the quad core cpu wasn't compatible with lte, so they doubled the ram on the us version and put the dual core in.

Then they released the phone in korea with both quad core AND 2 gigs of ram!

Proving that they lied to us, it very much is possible and now korea has the very best version of the phone!

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
..and is it 4g?

No. Only the Galaxy Nexus is because it has the 5th GSM band support...

The international S3 might have HSPDA on T-Mobile next year when they use some of AT&T's bandwidth from the merger failure because AT&T iphones will run at 3G speeds on T-Mobile's network then...

jubanet

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi there!
Could someone help me with this:
Will an international (brazilian) SIII phone run "H+" or "3G" using T-MOBILE LAS VEGAS network?
My phone supports HSPA quad band (850/900/1900/2100 mhz), 2G (850/900/1800/1900 mhz) and NO 4G/LTE.
Thanks for any help

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No. Only the Galaxy Nexus is because it has the 5th GSM band support...

The international S3 might have HSPDA on T-Mobile next year when they use some of AT&T's bandwidth from the merger failure because AT&T iphones will run at 3G speeds on T-Mobile's network then...
lol i was just kiddin man. i own an international. i get H+ (hsdpa) most of the time but it depends how near a 3g tower u are :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Because they were being jerks at sammy.

They claimed it was because of lte, but capability and said the quad core cpu wasn't compatible with lte, so they doubled the ram on the us version and put the dual core in.

Then they released the phone in korea with both quad core AND 2 gigs of ram!

Proving that they lied to us, it very much is possible and now korea has the very best version of the phone!

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
aye its funny how the new Note has quad core Exinos chips like the s3, LTE and the 2GB RAM the american s3s have and the note and s3 must have been developed at same time so all i can think of is if its either a size-thing or a battery-thing.
wonder how the tiny iphone5 will handle quad core and LTE lol ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I am in wales for a short holiday and without WiFi I am only getting the G connection. When not in the valleys I get H+

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
And to add to my last lost because of the G connection my phone has full reception and my battery lasts longer :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
aye its funny how the new Note has quad core Exinos chips like the s3, LTE and the 2GB RAM the american s3s have and the note and s3 must have been developed at same time so all i can think of is if its either a size-thing or a battery-thing.
wonder how the tiny iphone5 will handle quad core and LTE lol ;)

I don't it's a size thing since the Korean version has it all.

That's the ONLY version of the phone that should have been released period!

Shouldn't have worried about the 1 gig or dual core version

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

nesjo

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
You can forget about getting LTE or even 3G on your international edition of the Galaxy S3. I went to a T-Mobile store in Seattle this morning and talked to a very knowledgeable assistant who immediately knew of my problem and was able to definitively confirm that 4/3G isn't happening.

Why? Because of the radio frequencies in which T-Mobile USA has so far introduced on its LTE network. They're different frequencies to the ones that the international edition of the Galaxy S3 is tuned for.T-Mo USA "might be" building out its spectrum to cover these but I doubt it.

So you have to stick with EDGE or use wifi. Sorry.

Next I went to AT&T in Seattle and they checked the S/N of my handset to confirm that it's compatible with their LTE network. However, their cheapest PAYG network is $25 a month for data and a further $25 a month for voice, whereas I'm currently using T-Mo for $3 a day, and since I'm usually in the US about 4 times a year for a week at a time, it's much cheaper to pay wifi charges in hotels instead of using my Galaxy as a hotspot.

I also asked the T-Mo guys if I could hack the phone just to get 3G and forget LTE. The answer was no - because it's the radios in the device. I think I'll go back to my BlackBerry for 3G while in the US ...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
couldnt it be flashed though since its a radio software thing?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Juliano Ratico

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
To get "4g" speeds on Tmobile your phone must have the 1700 frequency, simple as that. Most international version phones are not capable to work on 1700 hence they are stuck on EDGE speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001