uploadfromtaptalk1355749896447.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I saw this article this morning..

Security exploit opens Samsung Galaxy S III, Note II to attack, could let apps from Google Play write to Kernel

I went to the voodoo site at the bottom to install the fix until samsung releases one but once I installed the app it checked and says I'm already okay (see below).

So I'm not sure if jelly bean fixed the exploit but if you're not on JB I'd ensure your safe.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Thankfully this effects only phones with the Exynos processors. The USA versions have the Snapdragon S4 instead, and are not affected by this exploit.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully this effects only phones with the Exynos processors. The USA versions have the Snapdragon S4 instead, and are not affected by this exploit.

Ah I did not know that. Thanks for the information!

Well.. International users watch out :).

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol am i stupid???
Cant find the fix .apk mate. U got link plz?
Im on Exynos

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

mctl

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The warning has something to do with the front face camera but I didn't put any thought into it, mainly because I don't take pictures with the front face camera :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The warning has something to do with the front face camera but I didn't put any thought into it, mainly because I don't take pictures with the front face camera :)

This funky. Apparently this temporary fix will mess up your front camera but not the back one. Once Samsung releases the official fix all will be good. :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This funky. Apparently this temporary fix will mess up your front camera but not the back one. Once Samsung releases the official fix all will be good. :)

I never use it but my mirror app works mate so seems ok?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I never use it but my mirror app works mate so seems ok?

Sounds good. I know the one I posted said it was possible it could mess it up but I don't think all will.

At least you're secure now though :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nunya