Galaxy S3 Sudden Rapid Battery Drain

A

AC Question

In the past week my Samsung Galaxy S3 has been dying very rapidly. Before this started my battery would last the entire day. Beginning about a week ago I noticed that after a complete charge my battery will drain to 40% or 50% after just one hour and I am not even using it but for maybe 5 minutes during that hour. The battery continues to drain very quickly so I am constantly having to charge it during the middle of the day. I also noticed that if I am using it while it is charging the battery life will not increase, whereas before it would. Also, when the battery level gets low the message to plug in your charger appears, but when I hit "okay" the message just keeps reappearing over and over. Before it would just appear every few minutes or so. I did a cache wipe a few days ago which seemed to improve it for a day, but all the issues are reappearing.

Any ideas on what I should do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. You don't necessarily have to buy a new one. S3's are still pretty common, so see if one of your friends or colleagues has one, and ask to borrow their battery for a few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick