Galaxy S3 vs. Droid Razr Maxx HD - Which should I get?

2014DDS

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a droid razr maxx hd and my wife has the samsung galaxy s3 not the s4 yet, mind you. The price was in the 600's on the razr. To me the razr looks more fab but you can always customize a phone with cases. Now, as far as the program goes between the two, the s3 out class the new razr maxx hd by far, s4 is even nicer i hear. Look, the s3 is cheaper, better and can do everything you need, as well as the s4 which is updated and newer. I am a bit angry since i paid into a phone which does less, program wise, because the guy who created a batman suit material used it for the razr, like i really care about that.They have otter boxes far cheaper right.So, the s3 and the s4 is better and comes in black, blue or white. The razr maxx hd does seem to have more battery life, more durable but less default program features without downloading apps which may or may not really work. Get the most bang for your bucks. Bottom line, go s3 or s4 which knocks the droid razr maxx hd out the box. I should have listened to my wife, really. Oh yeah, if you are just looking for a nice phone the droid razr maxx hd is still cool, but overpriced. Be warned.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
They're both great phones. I would prolly choose the S3 though. More options, more accessories, battery choices, more dev support, etc.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a droid razr maxx hd and my wife has the samsung galaxy s3 not the s4 yet, mind you. The price was in the 600's on the razr. To me the razr looks more fab but you can always customize a phone with cases. Now, as far as the program goes between the two, the s3 out class the new razr maxx hd by far, s4 is even nicer i hear. Look, the s3 is cheaper, better and can do everything you need, as well as the s4 which is updated and newer. I am a bit angry since i paid into a phone which does less, program wise, because the guy who created a batman suit material used it for the razr, like i really care about that.They have otter boxes far cheaper right.So, the s3 and the s4 is better and comes in black, blue or white. The razr maxx hd does seem to have more battery life, more durable but less default program features without downloading apps which may or may not really work. Get the most bang for your bucks. Bottom line, go s3 or s4 which knocks the droid razr maxx hd out the box. I should have listened to my wife, really. Oh yeah, if you are just looking for a nice phone the droid razr maxx hd is still cool, but overpriced. Be warned.

My question is why did you buy a 2 year old device when you could get the new maxx for roughly the same price. Granted RMHD has great battery life but with little support anymore.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

SmokeNMirrors

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I am in a similar situation. I have a RAZR HD MAXX and my wife has an S3. True the features of the S3 are greater out of the box but most of the Samsung crap doesn't work properly anyway... I have am rooted and have an unlocked bootloader. I've stripped all the muck from my system and my phone now has more capabilities than hers and they all work properly. I also have a vastly superior battery and radio/antennas. While at the beach in a poor signal area we listen to all our streaming music on my phone because hers can't even get data. I do wish the RAZR had 2GB RAM but that's the only thing missing. I have no regrets and no doubt I have the superior phone for my purposes. It depends what you want to do with it and how much time you are willing to spend.