Galaxy S4 Mini i9192 Boot-Loop Issue

SethPharris

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to try and give you background to help you make your conclusion.

I was listening to music on my phone coming home from school and all of the sudden the music stopped. I unlocked my phone to see that the whole "Music Player" app had not shown up upon unlocking my device. I navigated through my apps and opened it to see all of my 210 songs not show up. It said 0 of 0 songs. I looked through my files and saw them in my SD card like they always were. I listened to them from the file explorer and when I got home I saw that 187 of 210 songs had returned to the music player app. I didn't think much about it until about an hour later. My phone had been constantly giving off 2 buzzes of vibration over and over again so I went to check my phone and saw that it was rebooting. It had supposedly been rebooting itself for over and hour. I then became worried and pulled out the battery and waited another hour. An hour later I put in the battery and turned it on. After about another 2 hours of turning it on and then having it reboot itself. I was able to have it somewhat stable. For some reason the length of it staying on got better the more times I manually or automatically had it reboot itself.
Right now I have the phone to where it will boot up without WiFi on for some reason. However, when i turn the WiFi on it instantly reboots. Also, if I try to uninstall an app, it is uninstalled for the time that the phone is on. When I reboot the phone, the app is back, along with any other data I also deleted. I will sometimes get a boot up where all my SD card apps are gone and my phone is completely different (Wallpaper, apps, ect.) And I am constantly spammed with "Google services has stopped working."
It doesn't last long in this and it seldom returns to this weird boot.
Factory reset also does not work, I can select the button but it does not do anything besides change the color since I'm touching it. I have loaded up recovery mode but wiping both the cache and all data fails. Even when I do the cache first.
The phone is usable to some extent without WiFi if I don't push it hard. (Watching HD video, moving files.)

I can not afford a new phone for a few months so some help would be great as I use a phone on a day to day basis. Thanks in advance! :)

Oggy Shopov

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I've had a similar problem with the S4 mini. I believe the problem is caused by an app that tries to sync. Boot up the phone and immediately go to the quick settings and disable "Sync". Then turn on your wifi and see if the problem is resolved. If the problem is stable then try to update all of your apps. After they are updated turn Sync back on and see if that solved the problem.

minisync.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74