Galaxy S5 makes changes / calls / etc when in my pocket locked...

brucelag

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
My phone occasionally launches applications, moves applications, enters ENTER on applications launched and makes phone calls when it is locked and in my pocket. I am not sure what to do. So far I just move icons back to correct screens, apologize to friends for dialing then repeatedly and being somewhat entertained that the BandsinTown app launched itself and posted to Facebook that I would be attending a Boy George concert.

Now my Facebook app is in Dutch on the phone and I cannot figure out how to reset this. I like to keep my phone in my pocket for the pedometer.

I want to know how to make sure this does not happen again. Had to delete Facebook and reinstall to fix,

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing this too, when I only used the swipe method. It was getting so bad that I would lose icons completely, make phone calls, and have icons moved 3 pages over from where they should be.

I recently changed to the code method (4 digit code), and I have not had this issue since then.

Before, with the swipe method, you technically could get around the lock screen by just pulling the menu down, and entering from there. That most likely is what was happening, While inside your pocket, it was touching up against your leg, or arm, and when you moved it pulled the menu down, and then opened up an app, and then from there it was a free for all of changes.

Now, with the code, I am unable to pull the menu down, and even if I decide to open the camera up to take a picture, when I close the picture, it goes right back to the lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol