Galaxy S5: Temperature sensor?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Temperature sensor?

The S4 had it, the Note 3 had it, it's only logical that the S5 will have it. However, Sammy's never been a 'logical' company, so I'd also like to know if the sensor will be present or not. AndroidCentral's original article DOES NOT mention it as being a part of the S5 (the humidity sensor seems to be MIA, too).
Samsung Galaxy S5 specs | Android Central

But even if it does come with the sensor, in my experience, both with the S4 and Note 3, those sensors tell you squat about the environment. Having the phone on a case, just taken out of your pocket, being handled, on a cold surface, having just run a game that made the CPU run hot, etc, etc, will make the reading vary GREATLY. There was one time I took the phone out to test the sensor and if I believed the phone, I should have been wearing a light sweater, but the reality was a blistering cold that had me running for my gloves.

nomecognome

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Confirmed by the very same Samsung official website (Samsung GALAXY S5): NO temperature sensor, NO humidity sensor.
GSMArena, despite having received this information, hasn't still modified its specs page. PhoneArena, instead, has done it correctly. :)

Last edited:

MrLater

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for clearing that out. Not often I have used it on the S4 but I like having it. Time will tell if I gonna miss it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelvinbrooklyn