Galaxy S6 Edge - AT&T Software Update coming in

Green Galaxy

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello :)

Just wanted to post and share that AT&T Software Update is downloading right now for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Wish I knew how to check how long I have to go to complete the update but it's at 7.2 MB at this moment when I go to my
Settings > Application > Application Manager > Running

Crossing my fingers that this will be a good update that will eliminate battery drainage :)

Have a great day! ;)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Likely a small update of some kind, but not likley to be 5.1.1 update which is rumored for June/July time frame.

Green Galaxy

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Whatever it is…..it's taking forever (hours). Maybe something's wrong with my S6 Edge. LOL

ETA: It's as 12 MB now. I hope I'm reading this right.

It says AT & T Software update (1 Process, 1 Service), 12 MB, 5:39:17 (and counting)

DMService (Started by application) 5:39:17 (same as above, still counting)

Processes
AT&T Software update - com . ws . dm Main process in use.

Last edited:

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Nothing for me yet. Fingers crossed its 5.1 or better since ATT already had a sizeable update to 5.0.2 weeks ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Curious to know exactly what has changed. I have a good suspicion that the update is just like Verizon's that was pushed today.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you even have an update?

You would normally see something in the notification tray showing download progress.

You don't go into the settings panel and look at the daemon(s) that are running

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Curious to know exactly what has changed. I have a good suspicion that the update is just like Verizon's that was pushed today.

Did Verizon have an update last month? I think the update VZW is rolling out was rolled out by ATT a few weeks ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

Green Galaxy

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing (S4 used to give me a notification when I had an update) and I didn't have to go to settings or anything else.
You may be right - maybe it's just my S6 Edge going wonky - the download is done now, it seems (I just checked) Maybe it was some sort of push? Still learning as I go along - I never had to experiment much when I had my S4 - so I still consider myself a total newbie when it comes to androids phones.

Thanks for the info!

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing (S4 used to give me a notification when I had an update) and I didn't have to go to settings or anything else.
You may be right - maybe it's just my S6 Edge going wonky - the download is done now, it seems (I just checked) Maybe it was some sort of push? Still learning as I go along - I never had to experiment much when I had my S4.

Its cool and normally it gives you a notification.

Do this >>

Go to settings > System > About Device > Software update

Thats the indicator there