Galaxy s6 stuck odin and smart switch not helping?

Fallout Sulik

May 28, 2015
Visit site
my galaxy s6 SM-G920T wont boot pass the logo. I tried using odin with the right firmware and carrier and gives me an error code on the phone saying SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE: 3, BINARY: 2 also with samsung kies and smartswitch i tried using emergency software recovery on both programs and both complete the process but my phone still wont boot pass the samsung logo screen. any suggestions or ideas?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You are 100% you have the correct firmware? Sounds like the one you are flashing has an older bootloader than your device has. Since you can't downgrade boot loaders it will fail ever time.

Fallout Sulik

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded from the link you provided and now odin lets me do the restore and completes now but same situation with the phone it wont pass boot screen

Fallout Sulik

May 28, 2015
Visit site
i tried but it wont boot past the samsung logo i tried about everything from youtube to fix it without success. Is it an issue that i have frp lock on?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't be since you flashed stock firmware. Make sure in download mode it shows you being stock and official. Most of the time when the frp lock causes problems is trying to boot a non official binary. It will keep it from booting up. When it does this tho, it has red words in bottom left corner then goes into a bootloop of doing the same thing.

Fallout Sulik

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys i been stuck the whole day without a phone but i tried that method with kies 3 before smart switch it still wont boot after the process is complete the same as smart switch

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys i been stuck the whole day without a phone but i tried that method with kies 3 before smart switch it still wont boot after the process is complete the same as smart switch
Try flashing a custom kernel. I was reading somewhere on XDA where someone had a similar problem as you and somebody recommended installing a custom kernel to fix the extension format or something like that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae