Galaxy S6 won't turn on and I have a yellow LED flashing light. What can I do to fix this?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 Won't Turn On and Yellow LED Flashing Light

I need some help, my Galaxy S6 is not turning on at all. The LED light is blinking yellow-orange and I'm confused. It is charging, and it still won't turn on. I searched up some solutions and they were talking about taking out the battery, but there is no removable backing on the S6. Thank you!

Alex Melville

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm also having this problem. I've called my local AT&T vendor as well as AT&T's IT department, and neither have a solution. In fact they didn't even seem to try to fix it, then just suggested I get a new phone. Luckily it's still within warranty...

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I presume you have tried rebooting, and have tried booting into recovery mode so you can clear cache or as a last resort wipe it, and that you could not get it to respond enough to do that. I would suggest hooking it to your PC via USB cable to at least see if you can get your files off. A fellow I suggested this to was finally able to reboot - which cleared his issue of a black screen - after hooking to his computer. No idea what triggered his issue, but that seems to have nudged it out of that condition. Here is a link to how to clear cache;

How to perform wipe cache partition on Samsung S6 and S6 edge » Samsung Galaxy S6 Manual

ruya

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 Won't Turn On and Yellow LED Flashing Light

I have the same problem right now and dont know what to do if you found a solution please let me know.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

There is a known issue of the kernel not being able to wake the device up from deep sleep.

Try these :
1. Hold volume down and power button for 10 or so seconds.

2. Plug phone into computer via usb. This sometimes wakes up the phone.

3. Hold volume up, power, and home to try to boot recovery mode. If so, wipe cache partition.

4. Use Odin to reflash your stock firmware.

See Odin Section for more info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mc732611

May 4, 2016
Visit site

So I literally just made an account to say thank you. The volume + power combo worked immediately, and I can't thank you enough!

alimmly

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much like seriously i was panicking for about an hour till i decided to just search it up and try my luck and the power button and voulme worked perfectly so thanks a lot

lol i literally did the same thing

Last edited by a moderator:

Leah Melo

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
There is a known issue of the kernel not being able to wake the device up from deep sleep.

Try these :
1. Hold volume down and power button for 10 or so seconds.

2. Plug phone into computer via usb. This sometimes wakes up the phone.

3. Hold volume up, power, and home to try to boot recovery mode. If so, wipe cache partition.

4. Use Odin to reflash your stock firmware.

See Odin Section for more info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! Your a lifesaver and I can't tell you enough~ ^3^

Last edited by a moderator:

ADF1_23

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
AlphaTango414 I'm the 4th person to create an account just to say thank you. It's 3am and I went to check the time for work and my phone wouldn't turn on. You just saved my phone

ebic

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site

Im prayin u figured smth out i was playin minecraft and now my phone is not responding apart from the led telling me i have a snapchat notif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lowercase777