Galaxy S7 Edge - What screen protector ?

cchou168

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
If you get one of those wet installation. Make sure you do it "in the water". I did it. Perfect. No dirt nothing underneath. Wash it and do it again if any needed.

MrOnager

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. (Lucky) new guy here. Got my Verizon gold S7E early & my Spigen Neo Hybird case from Amazon before they ran out. My tempered glass screen protector got here today. Paid $20, but I see they're now $25. It's made by Cooyee & sold by dz-tech. It's my 1st ever protector, but I'm impressed. Came very well packaged, pretty decent instructions in English, alcohol pad, cleaning rag & something called a dust sticker. All the holes match up, it meets the edge of the case perfectly, the curved edges stick & you can barely tell it's there. It does take away from some of the screen sensitivity, but I'd guess that the way with all of them. No problem with fingerprint ID on the home button or the back button. Sorry I'm too new to post links or pics

Last edited by a moderator:

atzau

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. (Lucky) new guy here. Got my Verizon gold S7E early & my Spigen Neo Hybird case from Amazon before they ran out. My tempered glass screen protector got here today. Paid $20, but I see they're now $25. It's made by Cooyee & sold by dz-tech. It's my 1st ever protector, but I'm impressed. Came very well packaged, pretty decent instructions in English, alcohol pad, cleaning rag & something called a dust sticker. All the holes match up, it meets the edge of the case perfectly, the curved edges stick & you can barely tell it's there. It does take away from some of the screen sensitivity, but I'd guess that the way with all of them. No problem with fingerprint ID on the home button or the back button. Sorry I'm too new to post links or pics
How does the case fit with the screen protector on? Any interference? I've got the spigen tough armour case and I'm desperately looking for a good screen protector...

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting cover lift thanks to my neo hybrid case. Wish Zagg made it a tiny bit smaller so it doesn't get into a fight with the case.

Dang. I also have the Spigen Neo Hybrid case. Seeing that the Zagg Glass Contour is edge to edge, i see that it'll have the same issue...hopefully not though.

MrOnager

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
The two mate perfectly. Once you install the screen protector, you can take the case on/off with no problem. Gotta be careful as the SP states it's a one time only installation & I'll take teir word for it. After using it for a while, I wish there was a happy medium in screen sensitivity between the bare screen & with the protector on. It sometimes takes a good tap to register. I'm still happy & not going to do a lot of experimenting at two bits a pop for glass. As it's my first, I really wonder if glass is worth the price difference? Thoughts?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Bodyguardz HD curved on mine and it's been working perfect.
It's cut shorter then the Zagg so it works with every case I've tried so far.

Swiftfury

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
I just bought one from x-skinz - The best shield protector , money can buy !
A friend told me about them and also he gave me a coupon code for 10%.
I allready get it and it is amazing. It is like zagg but much better quality of the film and cover the entire display perfectly.
And at 5.50 $..... it is more than a bargain .
For whom it is interested the code is skinz10 . Hope it still works.
Cheers.

Anyone try this? Don't see any reviews around and this guy seems shady with his "bargains" and "coupon codes".

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Got my Edge today. Put a wet screen protector from PhantomSkinz on it. I primarily use their products on all my device, you can find 90%+ off coupons on sites like retailmenot and they offer free shipping on all orders. Think I spent $1.99 for 2 shipped and had 0 issues applying it.

arab305

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I got an email today from Zang saying they are releasing the tempered glass protector. Any one planning on purchasing? My Zagg HD is coming up on the edges and it really is annoying

Cordt Hanson

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: What screen protector ?

They are garbage. Literally identical to one you can get on eBay for 20$.
They feel like plastic and have an insane amount of flex. I actually removed mine and bent it to a full U shape before it shattered.
They only adhere to the top and bottom edge and the entire thing does not actually make full contact with the screen so the feel is incredibly cheap and awful. Stick with gel type protectors.

The way to make the gel type ones stick to the edges and not peel is to make sure they dry for as long as possible and do not put them in and out of your pocket without a case of some kind. Flip cover is the best way to keep your screen protector from peeling.. (and coincidentally the screen protector is the best way to keep your flip cover from scratching the hell out of your screen)

Thompsontriplets

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: What screen protector ?

I also had the Zagg Hd on mine and now switched to the Zagg Glass. It has been on for almost a week now with no problems. They put it on at the Zagg place so I couldnt tell if the glue is every where or just on the sides. With the case Im using there is no problems with typing or clicking noise or lifting etc.. It as been good so far

Attachments

• Attach764_20160522_135448.jpg
    Attach764_20160522_135448.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 84

Jayjit Biswas

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
No for S7 edge no screen protector or tampered glass works with a case. I put IQ Shield mate but it came out when I wanted to spigen back cover. Same happened with tampered glass. My 2K INR lost in vein. Now I am using Caselogy cover without screen protector.

Posted via the Android Central App

dluiiulb

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tried the iShieldz HD Screen Protector for their S7 edge?

currently i have a commuter otterbox case with a puretek roll on screen protector. the case is fantastic, really really do not like the screen protector. it is rubbery, and the sides peeled up immediately after installing.

BillPhillips

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I just installed two IQ Shield skins on the S7 Edge, one on my new phone and one on my son's. Got them delivered in one day (free shipping) on Amazon, and installed them on 2 day old phones. I watched the IQ Shield installation video (twice) on YouTube, and followed their instructions precisely. Installed mine first, and got a minor bubble or two under the skin, but then installed my son's perfectly. Seems to be fine, though I notice that I have to tap a little harder when sending a text message. My son installed a fingerprint password access to his phone and he said that worked fine with the IQ Shield.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
No for S7 edge no screen protector or tampered glass works with a case. I put IQ Shield mate but it came out when I wanted to spigen back cover. Same happened with tampered glass. My 2K INR lost in vein. Now I am using Caselogy cover without screen protector.

My Zagg HD screen protector works perfectly fine with all my cases - including the Samsung OEM leather snap back case. So not sure how you can make such a definitive statement about screen protectors not working with a case.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site

What about the case friendly Skinomi SP? I've had it on my phone with the Spigen tough armor and it works perfect.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried Liquid Armour from Staples on this or any other phone before? I watched an older YouTube video of it getting scratched but the reviewer was able to scratch the coating off. I would love for something like this to really work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick