Galaxy S9- 4 or 6 GB of RAM on the Regular S9

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I’ve read a few articles saying that the regular S9 is going to have 4gb of RAM and the Plus is going to have 6gb of RAM.

Any thoughts on this? I’m not the biggest camera fan so I’m ok with a single lense but that RAM will make a difference IMHO. I prefer a smaller device for one handed use, so I hope they go with 6gb of RAM across the board.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Even a small amount of RAM is enough to take gigantic pictures. If you create a picture that's larger than what's left of 4GB, you could probably blow it up to 16 feet by 9 feet and not find any break in it with a microscope. (4GB would make smaller spots than silver does on film.)

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
4GB of RAM is more than enough to handle multiple apps running concurrently. Plus, the new chip will be a lot faster so don't think you'll notice any lag with 4GB of RAM.

If you're planning to play heavy gaming, 6GB of RAM will surely help.

I am planning to go for the + because I like the bigger screen size.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Not seen one credible study showing a significant change in 4GB to 6GB. Seems people are thinking in the PC convention. Not same method of memory management.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I just got the us version s9 with 4 gb ram. Everything flies and it's super fast. And the oreo makes the ram management work well.