Gallery hangs after trying to delete a picture on Froyo

neo1981

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Im wondering if anyone else has an issue with Gallery just hanging after you try to delete a picture? Everything else is working fine! I love this version.

For the record,

I am rooted and runtning an official froyo os.

any HELP??? or should i use an alternative gallery program?

:confused:

tchabalie

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have also had the problem with the gallery not deleting pictures. I finally just had to go to the task manager to get the program to end. Can't wait til the gurus here come up with a "better" Ed01! Sorry I can;t be of any help, but I just thought that maybe misery loves company! LOL

discombobulate

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem. Not with Froyo, but with the 2.1-update-whatever
I turned off the phone, pulled off the battery cover, took out the SD card and put it back in, upon restart my issues seemed to disappear. Haven't had any problems since.
Just a thought.

nhoeller

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing the same problem on a Fascinate (Telus version) that came with 2.2 installed. I tried deleting about 20 pictures. Although Gallery appeared to be hung showing 'Deleting', I could not find the pictures using My Files. Subsequently, Gallery was very slow to load and showed a bunch of 'lock' symbols. Some I could delete, some caused me to end up in the 'Deleting' hang. These images show as 0x0 pixels. Reboots did not resolve the problem.

I noticed that my Camera was writing images to my external SD card. I reverted back to using the phone memory, copied over the images from the external SD card and deleted the DCIM directory. For the moment, the problem appears to be gone.

elguapoeg

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Tried to delete a downloaded video from the Gallery, and the "deleting" message just kept going...and going....and going. Never had this problem before the Froyo upgrade. Yanked the battery, tried to delete another video...same problem. You can go to Home page, but when returning to Gallery, "deleting" message still there. Checked out this Forum, saw the tip about going to Task Manager to kill the app, it's ok workaround for now, but hoping there is a Froyo upgrade soon to fix this issue.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This happens on mine, too. I'm not worried about it, as i know it won't be fixed anytime soon. Besides, I'm getting a Nexus in a few weeks anyhow :).

The Fascinate will be relegated to backup status, at that point...