Gallery is now completely empty...

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Go figure the issues arose after the latest update.

My gallery had all albums there, but when I went to open any of them, there were "no items".

The files are still on the phone, but absolutely no way to view them. On top of that, only a few apps can actually save photos/videos

Pictures/videos with the camera don't save, screenshots don't save (goes through the function but the mini pic at the bottom left tool bar is always white, tapping crop does nothing and will freeze the phone up for a bit)

Have already gone through files and deleted a .nomedia file that existed only in a temporary folder on a singls app. Have already cleared cache and data for the gallery app and tried rescanning media with several apps, and now there is nothing in the gallery at all.

The only way I can pull up an image or video is if I'm sending it to someone through facebook messenger, snapchat or texts. Tgat and google photos seems to have most images

Done what little I could to bring this issue up to samsung to no avail. Done all that I could do with files and what not. Everything is up to date. Considering that the volume issue with screenshots is back and the phone still freezes up, seems like they're just adding problems that their updates a few months ago caused

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yay android :D, idk how they manage to do it but every update comes out worse than the last

To be fair, this is more likely an issue with Samsung's modification of the code that Google released, since I don't see this issue on my Pixel 3 XL. This is always the challenge when it comes to updates for non-Google manufacturers ...

JonesJ498

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
Unbelievable , maybe a factory reset in order ?

At that point might as well switch off of android if the only way to a solution is to start from scratch again. Rather it stay the way it is until something newer and better comes out (half these newer phones have less pixels and meh cameras lol) and never update again in the meantime

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
At that point might as well switch off of android if the only way to a solution is to start from scratch again. Rather it stay the way it is until something newer and better comes out (half these newer phones have less pixels and meh cameras lol) and never update again in the meantime
Lol ..I hear you !