Gallery problems

lehthanis

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I just recently bought the hdr camera app on Amazon. It's pretty cool, but it stores images in an hdr folder under dcim which I cannot seem to get my gallery to index. Anyone know how to get the gallery to look for other folders with images in them?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Try resetting the gallery... Menu.. Settings.. Applications.. Manage Apps.. All.. Gallery.. Clear data/cache (don't worry, it doesn't delete the sd card)

LrdAnkh#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Use an app (free) called Quickpic you can set all the folders you want separately to your hearts content, i hid the gallery it is not the best app out there for this.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you click on "Camera Roll" or "My Library"? My Library has all my photos and videos no matter where they are located. Camera Roll only shows photos in the default camera folder.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Gallery question of my own; When I take pictures with the camera they go to the SD card, but when I used ZumoCast to transfer photos from my computer (previously take and saved to Desktop from BB Storm) it wants to save them on the Internal memory, rather than the SD Card...How can I now delete from Internal memory and put on SD card using ZumoCast? THANKS!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Gallery question of my own; When I take pictures with the camera they go to the SD card, but when I used ZumoCast to transfer photos from my computer (previously take and saved to Desktop from BB Storm) it wants to save them on the Internal memory, rather than the SD Card...How can I now delete from Internal memory and put on SD card using ZumoCast? THANKS!

cory, not SURE if this will work, but try going to Applications>Folders, and long press on Downloads. You can delete the folder there, which will delete all the contents. I don't see any way in Folders, to move the Downloads folder out of the internal memory area.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
cory, not SURE if this will work, but try going to Applications>Folders, and long press on Downloads. You can delete the folder there, which will delete all the contents. I don't see any way in Folders, to move the Downloads folder out of the internal memory area.

This is what I miss most about my BB...plugging it into the computer and dragging folders around like it was a hard drive! MANY Androidians used to make fun of our BB OS, but Android could learn a few things from the other companies. This menu system and navigating around is very choppy! I still love my Bionic, but the O/S needs improvements.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I agree - even though Blackberry is basically an old dying company the people who wrote the software knew what they were doing.

Push email was great. The file management was great.

But they couldn't adapt...

This is what I miss most about my BB...plugging it into the computer and dragging folders around like it was a hard drive! MANY Androidians used to make fun of our BB OS, but Android could learn a few things from the other companies. This menu system and navigating around is very choppy! I still love my Bionic, but the O/S needs improvements.

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Uh, you can do that on Android.... If everything is set up right when you plug it in to you're computer you should see 2 removable drives ones the sd and one is the phones internal sd.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Uh, you can do that on Android.... If everything is set up right when you plug it in to you're computer you should see 2 removable drives ones the sd and one is the phones internal sd.

What do you mean by, "if everything is set up right?" When I plugged my Bionic into the computer, it was definitely different than my BB...it didn't look like "hard drives" to me where I could drag folders over from my computer onto the SD Card. How do I "set it up right?"

I tried to use the "file" option in the apps and move the items from my Internal Storage to the SD Card, now I have hundreds of thumbnails still in the DCIM folder and I have ZumoCast items under BOTH places. When I look under "My Gallery" I see 2-3 pictures of everything...2 look fine, and one is out of focus and says "loading" on it, but never does and they will not delete when I try to do that.
The ONLY files that go directly onto my SD card are the photos I take with the phone.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
maybe it's a mac thing, but when I plugged my db into my mac for the first time, I got two icons - one said "Motorola" and looked like a CD, the other had random name. When I browsed both of them it was clear that the second was my external SD. So I renamed it, and now every time I plug it into my mac it recognizes that rename... I can very easily navigate folders and drag and drop files. Haven't used Zumocast yet so can't speak to that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it defaults to saving files on the internal memory instead of the external SD card.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

LOL I was waiting for someone to say this. +1

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramki