Games that work on the Optimus V

mydenver

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Here are the games I have tested. I would like people to post more recommendations, especially 3d games.

Gun Brothers - doesn't run
Angry Birds - perfect full speed
Meteor Blitz - multitouch full speed, very slight lag
Reckless Racing - the more cars there are on screen the laggier it gets
Raging thunder 2 - full speed awesome
Doodle Jump - perfect
World Attack 2 - perfect
Airport Mania - Full speed awesome
Fruit Ninja - some lag and screen touch detection issues
Asphalt hd - plays low end version full speed
Mini squadron - runs pretty well but controls not very responsive at times.
Hyper jump - full speed perfect
Skies of glory - hard to control plane for some reason

Need For Speed won't even start up. Do not waste your money.
TurboFly 3D works great

I have given up on Reckless Racing...it is super smooth until cars appear and then it is too annoying to play. Definitely not recommended until they do a fix on it to make it run better on the Optimus. Get raging thunder 2 if you want a good racing game.

The secret to making Mini Squadron work better is to only touch the fire button when you want to shoot. If you hold it down, the plane is very hard to control. Multi-touch seems to degrade the quality and responsiveness of the controls. It will run in reduced graphics mode automatically, but it still looks great.

The Asphalt HD game that runs on Optimus is really bad when compared to the original and I don't find it to be fun at all. Again I only recommend Raging Thunder 2. No other game comes close.

Toon Wars 3d FPS runs pretty well, a little jittery. This phone definitely could run NOVA if it's fine tuned for the phone. I hope Gameloft releases it soon. Toon Wars is actually a pretty boring low quality FPS.

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Nesoid runs fast with very little issues. I had fun playing mike tyson punchout last night. The virtual d-pad takes some getting used to though.

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
All of these games work great for me:) I'm overcloxked however to 864 mhz. Only problem is all gameloft games don't fit our screen for some reason. Which is odd because its standard and other phones have the same res and the games run just fine so hopefully they will fix this.

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have come to learn that, yes.

However, i spoke with the developers of Rocket Bunnies and they said an ArmV6 compatible version should be out within the next couple of weeks.

froggyman

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I would call Angry Birds perfect. I get a lot of considerable lag on most levels. There are a few that are 'perfect' but not many...

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much all the *oid emulators work as indicated. Tetris also works.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

I know the n64oid emulator won't even install for me! So it seems that one is a no go.

A few games that wont run that I know of that I wanted to try:

Battle Bears 1 and Battle Bears zombies (sucks I really wanted to try these)

Stupid Zombies (reboots my phone whenever I try to install it)

Carnevil for mame ( but this may be due to not having the chd to run it)

theres definetly quite a few more I've tried and didnt work right but I'm drawing a blank right now... But I do gotta say this phone is definetly more compatible with games then my old motorola backflip (even completely modded and overclocked) thats for sure! Only way I'm going back to at&t is if I cave in and get that atrix.... The whole locked bootloader thing is kind of a bummer though.:(

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL perfect Angry Birds? Not on any of the 3 Optimus V's in my household run a perfect later level Angry Birds.

Anyways, games not on the list as of yet work perfectly for me:

3KTD
Robo Defense
Super Sudoku
Zenonia (I'm guessing Zenonia 2 would be a good to go as well)

jmars125

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Fpse psx emulator works great for me

Game Dev story no problems here

Gem miner is also good

I've played dungeon defenders in the past it worked just a lil laggy when more stuff was happening

World series of poker works just fine

Baseball superstars 2011 works just fine

Fifa 2010 also works fine

Illusia works fine also

By the way I'm on aosp cm7 overclocked to 806

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
^^^ LOL
Dang have you tried any other games (n64 oid), thanks I don't have the money to spare or I'd just test it and refund.
I mostly just care about maybe perfect dark and zelda ocarina ( Only games I have for my Real N64 anyways xD)

I couldn't get the playstation emulator to work psxoid I tried with dino crisis 2 1 and parasite eve 2 would get to the sony label with parasite eve and would get to the caution screen on the dino crisis 2 game.