Garbage battery life

kdog509adam75

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up my new S5 last night. I went to bed at about 10:10pm. My battery was fully charged at that time. Left the phone off charger. When I got up around 6:00am this morning I checked the phone. Battery was 93%. Than tonight I decided to charge it up again. Started charging at 8:20PM with battery at 70%. Was fully charged 55 minutes later. I don't know if any of this is good, bad or normal, but compared to my S3 (which would run through at least 2 battery changes a day just sitting in my pocket) I think it is fantastic.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
@azgl1500 which means u dont use chatting application at all?

NO I don't, I have zero use for anything like chat mode.
If I want to socialize, I go to a forum on my PC or I call them direct and visit with them on the phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Most folks are busy working, watching TV, reading eBooks, investing, sleeping, etc. to use the s5 apps 24 hours per day. When actually using apps, keep all apps running and operating. When doing other "stuff," use Ultra Power Savings Mode which still allows phone calls and messaging. I get an average of 7 days between charges doing that.

I own a PC and a copper wire phone (gets power when cell towers and power is down in my area) with 4 mobile receivers as well. I play games and access forums on my PC, not my phone.

If one does not own a PC or copper wire phones and never sleeps, then the s5 must have full apps running 24 hours per day and then one can only expect 12 hours between 2 hour charges.

There is no need to patronize people because they don't share your opinion on using their phone. That's great if you use a pc and have a land-line... Some may prefer not to have a land-line and some people may no longer have a pc since the phone does what they want.

There is no reason at all to talk down to people and belittle them.

indigogrl79

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I barely get five hours of heavy use out of my iPhone 5. I'm so looking forward to getting my s5... the phone itself makes it worth the hassle of having to charge it. Plus I could always just buy a spare battery... 😉

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I barely get five hours of heavy use out of my iPhone 5. I'm so looking forward to getting my s5... the phone itself makes it worth the hassle of having to charge it. Plus I could always just buy a spare battery... ??????

5 hours of heavy use is reasonable. It's not gonna change when you get the s5. I'm talking about screen time.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
So you suggest pretty much to cripple the phone and take away it's smart features and great screen to make it usable?

What so smart with a phone secretly sending your information to Google? Coz that's all those background sync does.

And why do an app need data when the phone is on table doing nothing?

Posted via the Android Central App

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
What so smart with a phone secretly sending your information to Google? Coz that's all those background sync does.

Ehh.. Say what? How is your question related to my text?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It actually allows me to get email when I get an email... It updates my calendar the minute I touch it... It syncs my photos on the fly. I need the phone doing the sync when sitting on the table because it then makes an alert and notifies me to pick it up and take notice.

Sorry it doesn't just send your information :).

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It actually allows me to get email when I get an email... It updates my calendar the minute I touch it... It syncs my photos on the fly. I need the phone doing the sync when sitting on the table because it then makes an alert and notifies me to pick it up and take notice.

Sorry it doesn't just send your information :).

thats fine, everybody use it differently. :)

For me, my privacy and battery are more important. I really don't need unnecessary sharing of my documents, and no email is so important that I have to read it the second it arrives. I am sure there are users who do need these obviously.

If op does care about the battery more, then consider these trade offs, and worst case scenario, buy two extra batteries and a charger for $30-50 and triple your battery life.

Ehh.. Say what? How is your question related to my text?

you called my suggestion "crippling a smartphone", and I disagree, i use my phone for various of "smart" things. Just because I don't let my email or any other app notifications to interrupt every minute of my day doesn't mean my phone is somehow being "crippled".

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
thats fine, everybody use it differently. :)

For me, my privacy and battery are more important. I really don't need unnecessary sharing of my documents, and no email is so important that I have to read it the second it arrives. I am sure there are users who do need these obviously.

If op does care about the battery more, then consider these trade offs, and worst case scenario, buy two extra batteries and a charger for $30-50 and triple your battery life.

you called my suggestion "crippling a smartphone", and I disagree, i use my phone for various of "smart" things. Just because I don't let my email or any other app notifications to interrupt every minute of my day doesn't mean my phone is somehow being "crippled".

Very true.. Everyone's needs are different :).

Just remember though privacy now a days is rare... Such as your carrier is logging who you call, text, and also what cell tower you're using for that specific function. Just a thought to keep in mind :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko