Question Gboard multilingual

Lynne Stewart

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
So, about a week ago I began receiving a message every day from Android system regarding gboard.
Gboard is my default keyboard and has been so for several years but the message is new. I have no idea what it's trying to tell me so I turned off Android system messages and yet it continues.
I don't know if I would get the same message if I was on the Samsung keyboard because I don't want to use the Samsung keyboard. ;)
Is anyone familiar with this message and know how to make it go away?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231021-093521.png
    Screenshot_20231021-093521.png
    434.9 KB · Views: 8

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this happening randomly or when you start typing or, more likely, when an external keyboard is connected? If the latter, unless you set a default, there is no way to get rid of this message (and that default will depend on the keyboard app you are currently using). You can check all those settings in the General Management section of your Settings (Keyboard list and default).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I saw this recently. You have to select multi-lingual, even though, in reality, you're selecting English US (or UK, etc.). I couldn't choose Gboard (switching away from SwiftKey or Samsung) without approving the multi-lingual prompt.......whatever that does or means.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Lynne Stewart

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
I apologize for the lengthy delay. Sometimes you get the dog Sometimes it gets you
I don't use an external keyboard and ad best ad I can tell, I do select the gboard as d3fault a d multilingual but the prompt comes back 24 hours later..
Oddly, I've used gboard the whole life of this phone and the issue just arose through last few weeks.
I have currently deleted gboard send was using Samsung default bu5 plan on reinstalling gboard as I prefer it.