Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

joesf2003

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
History:
  • Preordered S7 Edge *gold* end of February
  • Eagerly following tracking...to wrong address
  • "miss" delivered on 3 separate orders...
  • Fedex moving at speed of snail...finally delivers phone 3 weeks later
  • Promises I'm still eligible for S2 promotion

Since I can't apply without the phone serials and what not I'm just hoping for the best. I'm actually approved about a week after submitting which is now a month since the phone shipped. Fast Forward to about 2 weeks ago and I was at my breaking point. I sent emails to Verizon, Samsung, and Prizelogic telling them how I was going to solve the problem.

Just this past Friday I received my VR after weeks of emails and calls(they don't return calls) I was told the "location code" bull. I'm incredibly disappointed with the VR after playing 1 game of the 6 odd free ones. So I put in my BBB complaint and after I disputed the charge with Verizon, and you can complain all you want about Samsung this...Prizelogic that...but the truth is I don't give two f***s about Verizon. Cause thats how I was treated anytime I tried to resolve this. After about 2 days of emails I received a response:

Screenshot_2016_06_22_22_04_49.png

I hope this helps anyone, and I'll keep everyone posted about the swap.

hihi217

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So, I just got my GearVRs, and I submitted on 6/8, sorry about the people who have been waiting a couple of months :( Hope you get them soon!

When I tried to redeem my $50 worth of VR content, I called the number on the back of the card that is in the box (PrizeLogic), so I called Samsung, they transfered me back to PZ's number, and when I called back, Samsung said that you have to go to them to help, and now I am on hold with Samsung... Stay tuned!

Before I start, I forgot to tell you, I couldn't find the games in the Oculus store when I signed in, and I tried signing out and back in, and that didn't work, so that's why I called the # on the back of the card in the box.

Well, I forgot to update you guys, so after I held for a couple of minutes, I should have stayed on the line, but I was so excited playing in VR, so what I did is just hung up the phone, and just filed a ticket with Oculus.

What I got is a canned response (probably) to check if the IMEI and MAC address is correct, and if not, call the # (PZ), and I feel like they don't even know about PZ making you call Samsung for support, and going for a loop making people hate Samsung and/or PrizeLogic.

I thought that I would be good if I just contacted Oculus, and they could just even just put the bundle in my account... I'm still having fun with the free content, but I wish I got the bundle of games so I can have more fun! (I really hope Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is in the bundle, love that game!)

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
joesf2003, I had similair situation but I hadn't file BBB. PL FB solve it for me, sended me return label and when they get VR the will ship S2.
And said S2 will take "4 weeks or sooner". Just heads up

Jalon Dodson

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Providing an update for you guys, I'll just go ahead and post a timeline.
June 13th: I purchased my S7 Edge from an AT&T Store.
June 14th: I submitted an Offer Claim to the Samsung website, it got approved a few hours later that same day.
June 21st: There was a package being delivered to me with the shipper's address: Plainfield, IN, US
June 22nd: The status updated from 'Shipping Label Created' to 'In Transit', expected delivery is June 24th from 11:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
fPgirT3h.jpg
So, 8 days for shipping information and 2 days for delivery.
It took 10 days for mine to be shipped. I should be super stoked, but I'm not. I'm upset because you guys haven't received yours yet. WheresMyS2, where can I rant? I wanna get you guys your Gear S2's.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
History:
  • Preordered S7 Edge *gold* end of February
  • Eagerly following tracking...to wrong address
  • "miss" delivered on 3 separate orders...
  • Fedex moving at speed of snail...finally delivers phone 3 weeks later
  • Promises I'm still eligible for S2 promotion

Since I can't apply without the phone serials and what not I'm just hoping for the best. I'm actually approved about a week after submitting which is now a month since the phone shipped. Fast Forward to about 2 weeks ago and I was at my breaking point. I sent emails to Verizon, Samsung, and Prizelogic telling them how I was going to solve the problem.

Just this past Friday I received my VR after weeks of emails and calls(they don't return calls) I was told the "location code" bull. I'm incredibly disappointed with the VR after playing 1 game of the 6 odd free ones. So I put in my BBB complaint and after I disputed the charge with Verizon, and you can complain all you want about Samsung this...Prizelogic that...but the truth is I don't give two f***s about Verizon. Cause thats how I was treated anytime I tried to resolve this. After about 2 days of emails I received a response:

View attachment 230623

I hope this helps anyone, and I'll keep everyone posted about the swap.

Make sure you get a timeframe response documented, preferably on the BBB complaint, on how long it should take to get your watch. They'll probably try and pull the 4wk nonsense on you.

I'm starting to think I should have filed one against Verizon as well. If Samsung truly can't get any out for 4 wks, I know Verizon can...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking Aushoj (I think it was him) was correct in the theory that Not-so-Bright Point is getting shipments in every 2 weeks or so & then shipping from the top of the stack (I think some of us are on the bottom). I assumed they were waiting for a large shipment to go out to everyone, but I think these little trickles of shipments every couple of weeks are the way this is going to go. If correct, then tomorrow, or by next Friday, there should be another small group of labels in FDM. BTW, Samsung support told me today that there is no one to blame, patience & understanding is all they can ask. I think we had a 1960s hippie moment in there somewhere & flower rings in the hair ARE back in style, so.....at least I'm cool again? Peace out, Dudes...gotta go to work.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Verizon responded on FB with a lovely, caring comment:
Let's get this cleared up, Iwant. Samsung is the party that was offering the free Gear 2, while supplies lasted. We recommend reaching out to them regarding this issue. If you have any questions regarding your wireless services please just let us know. - Marty
Dearest Marty,
First let us (your customers) thank you for your wonderful and caring response (sarcasm intended). The VERIZON customers that have been caught up in this ordeal have been made very aware of the fact that this was a Samsung promotion. However, this Samsung promotion was advertised and promoted by VERIZON, in fact, VERIZON was the only carrier that offered the Gear S2. To qualify, the Galaxy S7 phones had to be pre-ordered from VERIZON, not Samsung, they had to be placed on the VERIZON payment plan, not a Samsung plan, and the customers pay their bill each month to VERIZON, not to Samsung. I would guess from the response to this promotion that VERIZON sells a hell of a lot of phones for Samsung, so why does VERIZON not step up and tell Samsung, "you are hurting our customers, and as a result it is hurting the reputation of VERIZON, we demand this situation be resolved immediately".
As customers, we would suggest that in the future, when a phone manufacturer wants you to participate in one of their promotions, that you say, "sure, send us the free item and we will ship it to our customer when we ship the phone."

Regards,
Your VERIZON customer

benzz11

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
After filing three complaints to the BBB, I've received responses from Verizon and PL.

PL - Per the terms and conditions, which can be found at https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-us/rules, there has been a delay in gift receipt due to inventory for consumers who registered after March 18. Your registration occurred on March 21, so we apologize for the inconvenience. Your gift of a Gear S2 has been approved and we will request your shipment be expedited. Once tracking is available, it will be emailed to you.

I haven't heard that excuse from PL yet. I wasn't aware that there were two separate registration dates??

Verizon - Received a text message and voicemail from a "Sara" at Verizon's executive office. I'll post a follow up when I call her back.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
After filing three complaints to the BBB, I've received responses from Verizon and PL.

PL - Per the terms and conditions, which can be found at https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-us/rules, there has been a delay in gift receipt due to inventory for consumers who registered after March 18. Your registration occurred on March 21, so we apologize for the inconvenience. Your gift of a Gear S2 has been approved and we will request your shipment be expedited. Once tracking is available, it will be emailed to you.

I haven't heard that excuse from PL yet. I wasn't aware that there were two separate registration dates??

Verizon - Received a text message and voicemail from a "Sara" at Verizon's executive office. I'll post a follow up when I call her back.

What makes this even better is that those who did register after the original end date received their watches before those of us who registered before the original ending date...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

PL - "OOH! We can actually get away with citing the Terms and Conditions on this one!"

benzz11

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I guess I wasn't aware there were two registration dates. According to the terms below, I could've purchased it Feb 23. online, and submitted 4/15/16 11:59:58 pm and should have still been considered within the original end date.

This is what the original terms and conditions stated:

Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC/PR res. From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from a participating retailer and follow the instructions to submit Offer Claim Form and purchase receipt online. Offer valid with device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease, or outright purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check with your Carrier. Starting 2/21/16 at 1:00 AM PT Customers who have pre-ordered a Qualifying Device from a participating retailer may visit the Website and enter their valid e-mail address to receive a reminder e-mail on 3/7/16 once the Offer Redemption Period has begun. Must submit Offer Claim Form and valid purchase receipt online by 4/15/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Limit one (1) Offer claim per qualifying purchase. Subject to terms and conditions. Additional restrictions apply. Click here for Offer Terms and Conditions. No more than 300,000 Gear VRs, 35,000 Gear S2s, or 25,000 Netflix Codes are available in this Offer. While supplies last. Initial Gear VR, Gear S2 and Netflix Codes supplies are exhausted. Delivery of Gear VR, Gear S2, or Netflix Code may be delayed. See Terms and Conditions for alternative gift options. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Customers purchasing in-store or online from Costco, Sprint, Target, or Best Buy retail locations will be subject to terms and conditions outlined by the respective carrier or retailer for point of sale redemption and are therefore not eligible for redemption on SamsungPromotions.com.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I guess I wasn't aware there were two registration dates. According to the terms below, I could've purchased it Feb 23. online, and submitted 4/15/16 11:59:58 pm and should have still been considered within the original end date.

This is what the original terms and conditions stated:

Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC/PR res. From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from a participating retailer and follow the instructions to submit Offer Claim Form and purchase receipt online. Offer valid with device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease, or outright purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check with your Carrier. Starting 2/21/16 at 1:00 AM PT Customers who have pre-ordered a Qualifying Device from a participating retailer may visit the Website and enter their valid e-mail address to receive a reminder e-mail on 3/7/16 once the Offer Redemption Period has begun. Must submit Offer Claim Form and valid purchase receipt online by 4/15/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Limit one (1) Offer claim per qualifying purchase. Subject to terms and conditions. Additional restrictions apply. Click here for Offer Terms and Conditions. No more than 300,000 Gear VRs, 35,000 Gear S2s, or 25,000 Netflix Codes are available in this Offer. While supplies last. Initial Gear VR, Gear S2 and Netflix Codes supplies are exhausted. Delivery of Gear VR, Gear S2, or Netflix Code may be delayed. See Terms and Conditions for alternative gift options. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Customers purchasing in-store or online from Costco, Sprint, Target, or Best Buy retail locations will be subject to terms and conditions outlined by the respective carrier or retailer for point of sale redemption and are therefore not eligible for redemption on SamsungPromotions.com.

I dont believe the original T & C had a limit on the S2.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
That's not the T&C that I had from Verizon. I ordered on 3/9, but while you could go online to sort of hold your place in line, you could not actually begin your submission until 3/11 (the day they officially released the Galaxy S7 (or so I was told). I was shipped my phone on 3/11, so I was just thrilled that I made it under the wire as a 'pre-order' (I'm laughing at my own stupidity as I type this). My T&C was the exact one that is on the status page now (God, I better go make a copy), except it didn't have the March 19 addendum at that time. I find it incredible that they are sticking with the 'ran out of stock for the post 3/18 submitters' story. I swear I think PrizeLogic lost some of the submissions for 3/11 & 3/12. I've determined that no matter what....I'm leaving Verizon, paying off my phones & when I purchase new phones, they will NOT be Samsung phones! Never, ever, again.

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Good news!!!!! Mine was shipped today .9lb package will be here Sat. And yes I said shipped. Label created today too. No my status has not updated, no email, fdm was the only way I knew!!! 3/9 submitter

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorious Woman