Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Nope, same thing here - I got a tracking number via FedEx Manager on Weds 3/30 saying label created and expected delivery F 4/1; then Thurs 3/31 I got an email saying mine was approved (when weeks ago I had "fulfillment pending"), then this AM the FedEx tracker shows they took delivery and now the delivery date is Saturday 4/2. Mine also says 2.3 lbs for a single S2.

....guess we'll see what I get tomorrow.

View attachment 222992

When you got the approval email what was the date listed? At least your s2 is already in transit.

I'm only 150 miles from Indianapolis but doesn't matter if its not even in transit yet....tracking only states "label created" not sure why it stated a 3/31 delivery date on the tracking page.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious what you all think about my likelihood of receiving the Gear S2 that I submitted for. I pre-ordered via Verizon's website and picked up the phone in-store on release day. Submitted all the paperwork on release day+1, and was approved shortly thereafter. Like some others on here, I received the email stating that I would be receiving the Gear VR instead because my receipt was linked to a business account (this despite my account being a brand new personal line of service with Verizon). Prize Logic customer service told me the email was in error, and she verified that their system showed I was receiving the S2 watch.

However, the approved message on the order status page says my ship date is 4/18, which is the same date that the above-mentioned, supposedly errant "you're getting the VR" email states as my ship date. This has me concerned that I'll be receiving the VR instead, despite having followed all the submission guidelines to the T. This whole process is a cluster, tbh,

Thoughts?

DonnyD520

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
got my vr gear yesterday

still never received a email with the tracking info tho , or an email stating it was delivered

fed ex is such a freakin joke, smh

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So, I just googled what RLAB1 is (shown on my tracking) and found this...
Capture.JPG
I'm going to be SO pissed if this ends up being a effing sample of baby formula.... Weight, Ship from address and reference code are all exactly the same...

222991d1459535521t-gear-vr-promotion-success-failure-thread-please-post-whether-you-successful-c.jpg

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Glad I went to Best Buy and they gave me everything there so I'm not sweating about when I might get it.
WoW !

Posted via the Android Central App

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
F... Me... I just called the number shown on my tracking and I'm about 99% sure it is NOT the S2... They said they ship out marketing material so it's probably just a sample of something. It was a fun conversation, guy had a great sense of humor, but definitely not what I was wanting to find out... And so I wait with the rest of you... lol

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I completely understand.

While we wait, lets take a step back and remember that through all this when we all submitted for the promo, it did say 4 - 6 weeks.
That there is correspondence stating it may be sooner, at the end of the day is simply a bonus.
Until we get the gift in hand we really have no idea if big red folks who submitted for the s2 will actually get the s2 or the vr.
And worrying about it really is not going to change anything at this point.
So lets all enjoy our weekend, and our pop up "sd transferring messages" this weekend and see what transpires over the next few weeks.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
My email said ship date of April 8th........what a cluster this whole Verizon S7 launch / promo with PrizeLogic has been.....

My email said Apr 8th also but just got update from Fedex.... they changed my delivery date from 3/31 to 4/2 and it is finally in transit... says it will arrive tomorrow by 3pm......

says it was picked up in Zionsville, IN at 12am last night and arrived in Indianapolis 10 min ago

s2 ship.JPG

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I never got an email either but this SITE listed the tracking number.

My VR was just delivered.

the promo page gave you the tracking number when you check status for the VR?

Those of us with S2 deliveries tomorrow still says "shipment date -pending" on the check status page.... have read that many people recently received VR and never got any email or tracking notification at all...... if we didn't have "fedex delivery mgr" none of us would know they are enroute

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
actually my check status page has just changed for the first time... now changed shipment pending to Apr 8th..... although fedex says S2 will be here tomorrow by 3pm....... other S2 submissions are still pending......s2 status.JPG

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
the promo page gave you the tracking number when you check status for the VR?

Those of us with S2 deliveries tomorrow still says "shipment date -pending" on the check status page.... have read that many people recently received VR and never got any email or tracking notification at all...... if we didn't have "fedex delivery mgr" none of us would know they are enroute

Yes, it listed the tracking number on that page:

Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 4.06.58 PM.png

gameoverjay

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the info. I am still torn between where I will buy my S7 Edge from, I need order/buy one by tomorrow! I sold my 16GB iPhone 6S to my boss for $700 and my backup iPhone 5 for $300 to my friend today. So I will not come out of pocket for the S7 Edge. The prices I sold them for may seem high, but in Bermuda; an iPhone 6s 16GB is $989 without contract. I purchased mine from the Apple store in NYC. So I am not sure where to buy the S7 Edge from.. eBay or my local mobile provider (DIGICEL). I want to buy it at full price without a contract. eBay is $744 USD + $9.99 USD FedEx Intl Shipping + $184 USD Duties & Taxes = $937.99 USD - VS- my local carrier $999 USD tax included. I see above that if I buy from eBay I won't have warranty. My local provider gives a standard 1 year warranty. PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I recd my approval email and the coupon offer. Not taking it, I would be out the games, tax and shipping. Still no shipment date, I like reading here that you guys are getting your goods. :) I applied my Netflix code along with my husband's and now I show a $239.76 credit! Awesome!

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So I looked up my FedEx tracker. Now shows Delivery Exception. Called FedEx and was told that my address was missing a apt number. they can't change it because the shipper made it to where they can't. So now I'm trying to contact Samsung see what can be done about this.

I could of sworn I added the correct address but none of the emails show any address on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike