Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Wow I must be getting screwed by the company, pre order the phone the 27th,got the 9th and filed for this on the 9th about noon, got approved two days later and still haven't got crap, only a email finally

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone who originally had an estimated shipping date of 4/18 received their's or a tracking number (through Delivery Manager or other) yet?

I had that estimated shipping date pretty much since approval in mid-March, but it changed to pending shipping date early last week.

Pre ordered on the 24th, got the phone and submitted on Mar 10th. Got S2 April 2nd. The status on the prize logic page had changed from pending to 4/18 at the same time everyone else's changed to either 4/1 or 4/18. Got a tracking number about a week after it was delivered. I never signed up for FDM, so had no idea it was coming. Never called prize logic either since they seem to know less than we do.

stuhast

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Ordered Feb 28th. Received phone and submitted for Gear S2 on 3/9. FedEx delivery manager label created on 4/8/16. No movement from BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT 501 AIRTECH PKWY PLAINFIELD, IN US. Losing patience. Prize Logic are buffoons. If I don't see any movement this week all parties involved (Verizon, Samsung) are getting multiple complaint calls. At the end of the day it's a free watch but if I known that it would take this long I wouldn't have ordered the S7 when I did.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Woa thats a new one I think. So far the merchandise has been coming from two locations, AZ and IN. and has 50 bucks of insurance?

Please let us know if that is the package with your gift.

Oh and for my own records yeah my status changed from "processing for delivery" to "in route" sometime in the last 24 hours.

I personaly don't believe anything has changed. Submitted 3/9 for 2 gear S2s

So far all reports here of gifts from Samsung actually received have been shipped from Indiana via fedex only, no insurance, no siganture.... some early reports people assuming theirs were coming from Kansas, Missouri and Arizona but none of those came to fruition and turned out to be for unexpected delivery items from other non-related marketing companies.

bdh1689

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone who originally had an estimated shipping date of 4/18 received their's or a tracking number (through Delivery Manager or other) yet?

I had that estimated shipping date pretty much since approval in mid-March, but it changed to pending shipping date early last week.

4/18 estimate delivery...
Yesterday 4/18 I received my first VR, Today I suppose to receive the second VR.
Tracking number appears 4/18 after I received my first VR.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Well my status on my 2 VR's have changed back to the "in Route" status from last week. I also received an e-mail telling me how to download the game bundle once I receive my gift in the mail. but no shipments coming my way that I can find.

shrlckhms

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I put in for the Gear S2 and I am getting a package but it is going to be the VR, I am pissed because the watch was the only reason that I did this promotion. So I am waiting on the phone to talk to a representative and see what they say! If that is what I am getting then I am going to talk to Verizon about it since they were part of the promotion and see what they can do. Well I got the representative on the phone and she says that I am getting the S2 but I got an email with the information concerning a VR. I can't see them sending me two items when I only qualify for one!

Last edited:

vaderizkool

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Got a tracking number yesterday with no movement, this morning got the email with the tracking number, not it says it is out for delivery via Fedex.

I live in Chicago and submitted on 3/14. So excited!!! hope everyone gets theirs soon too.

Jukins

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hmm I got a package coming from psi too but from mass and I just ordered a sunblaster light from ebay which is the only package I'm expecting from mass. Hmm

jkirch0501

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm seriously on my last nerve with this... Submitted claim 3/11 and have been getting jerked around ever since. I understand that this is a free gift and I should be patient... However, they update your status every other day now (which apparently means nothing seeing as how mine has gone from "in-route" to "preparing for shipment" to "processing" then back to "preparing for shipment" and now "in-route" again. Never received a tracking number nor have I had any activity in delivery manager. Estimated shipping date still listed as 4/18. Super aggravating as well that other people submitted their claims way after the 11th and have already received their gifts.

jkirch0501

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh... and here's the real kicker... I live in Fort Wayne, IN. The Gear VR is shipping from Plainfield, IN. That's two hours away. Close to a month and a half now and I'm still waiting on something that's literally two hours away from me.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Delivery is listed as 6-8 weeks...

Estimated dates were 4-6 weeks for submissions from the time the registration website opened one day early on March 3rd up until March 15th when they listed the S2 as out of stock and then refined the fine print for the 2nd time after the S2 was listed out of stock for 2 days(at which time Prize Logic temporarily declared the promo officially ended for the S2 due to exhausted quantities only to recant and then->) , offered the $100 gift card exception and changed estimated delivery to 6-8 weeks possibly into summer when they relisted the S2 as available option again on March 18th

EDIT: (March 18th, which was the original cutoff date for online purchase of S7 to qualify for S2 gear) and changed the submission terms on March 19th which also extended the original deadline to register by midnight March 31st to April 15th.... The 2 week registration extension coincided with the 2 week change in estimated dates to 6-8 weeks

Last edited:

CCCT

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I just received my S2 watch from Fedex. This morning at 3am I received an generic email from Prizelogic that my package was shipping. I live in CT.

My pertinent info:
Submitted 3/10
Re-submitted 3/12 due to location code error
Fedex label created on 4/8, for a delivery of 4/12. 0.9 lbs.
Package picked up from Fedex on 4/15, delivered 4/19

(I think the label created status means that the paperwork was submitted, but it seems like they are physically handing off packages to Fedex only on Fridays.)

Thanks to everyone who posted on this forum so I could know that I wasn't alone...and good luck to everyone still waiting.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
(I think the label created status means that the paperwork was submitted, but it seems like they are physically handing off packages to Fedex only on Fridays.)
----------------------------------------

That seems to be the case, received 2 of 3 so far and both had label created for a couple days and were then picked up and in transit on Fridays..... Pre-ordered on 3/1 and 3/2 submitted on 3/9 and 3/10.... first one received 3 weeks after submission and 2nd one received 5 weeks after submission, third one not submitted until 3/18 so looks to fall under 6-8 week estimate...... The first fedex shipment listed at 2.3lbs and 2nd one listed at .9lbs although the package actually weighs in at 15.6oz.....

tracking numbers did show up on the promo check status page but after they were delivered and still currently says both are in route.......

I received an email from Samsung Promotions "gift is on the way" with a tracking number for both but the first email came 2 weeks after it was delivered and the 2nd email came 2 days after it was delivered.....lol

also received a package from Samsung today via usps for free 32gb sd.........

20160419_130821.jpg

which I received with 30% off coupon when registered S7 with samsung although the nice rubberized packaging/mailer is probably worth more than the free SD card....

20160419_130754.jpg