Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

ethankoo

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Mine was for the VR Gear. Submitted 3/14 and had an estimated shipping date of 4/30. It was en route and then preparing shipment in the past week. I was surprised to receive the email today with the FedEx tracking number. The schedule delivery date is this Saturday 4/23 so it's like many others we should get it before the estimated shipping date.

kaelthanas

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Went from Approved Shipping date pending since 3/22 to under review late yesterday afternoon. Best I can figure is approved receipt is different then an approved submission. They told me "We can confirm that you have been approved please look for an official approval email from us as I am not seeing that this document has been sent to date.".. "I would think you should be receiving this within the next week or so"... and finally "You can reach out if you have not received it within a week. I would also think it would be a little less time than the 4-6 weeks since you did submit about a month ago."

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Well according to fedex dm I should have it today lol. But only a label was created. I'll expect it sent Friday and to have it Saturday since I'm in Ohio.
Info: sent in 3/11
Approved 3/23
Shipping from Brighpoint C/o timewarner
Plainfield, IN
.9 lbs
Will update when package recieved

Eddie Gamboa

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Alright seriously...

...guatafak.

I'm starting to think someone from Prizelogic is reading these forums and pulling our submissions just to mess with us. Haha

On the status page, Ive now gone from shipment pending to "Your submission is currently under review."

Posted via the Android Central App

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Mine has not changed it still says in route, but I have yet to receive any tracking information...

jkirch0501

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
My status has said "Your gift has been processed and is currently in route" for the past three days now. No tracking number, no e-mails. I had an estimated ship date of 4/18 so apparently I'm one of the unlucky ones who will get it super late. This is a complete joke.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My status has said "Your gift has been processed and is currently in route" for the past three days now. No tracking number, no e-mails. I had an estimated ship date of 4/18 so apparently I'm one of the unlucky ones who will get it super late. This is a complete joke.

Even though day has passed, I've never even received a estimated ship date..

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
This thread says VR thread. But I see everybody talking about the S2 gear.
I been trying to keep up and guess I been getting confused on what everybody is waiting on.
Is the S2 not a wearable watch that you are waiting on.
And does this watch not blue tooth to your phone ?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I been trying to keep up and guess I been getting confused on what everybody is waiting on.

Not sure what version of the watch people are getting here. It pairs with the phone and it allows you to make and take calls and messages on the watch and also get app notifications.

I got my first Gear VR sent to me about three weeks ago for the phone that I received on March 4th. The second VR is being delivered tomorrow for the phone that I received on March 12.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

This has been related to all of the gear promotions but was initially more focused on the S2 promo by VZW because of issues occurred since registration based on available quantities and when samsung sent out wrong emails confirming gifts and then out of stock issues with the S2 which defaulted peoples submissions to the VR for a period...... and numerous other issues based on misinformation by samsung and prize logic regarding the entire S7 gear promo......

- The S2 is the 3G version of the wearable watch available for Verizon 3G service but can be used on any carrier via bluetooth without the use of an active line. You can still recive calls and messages on the watch via bluetooth from your paired phone without using 3G..... although activating the 3G service thru verizon for the $5 month charge allows the watch to function independently of any phone needed to make and recive calls.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
People getting the Gear S2 watch are getting the bluetooth version of the watch. It pairs with the phone and it allows you to make and take calls and messages on the watch and also get app notifications.

I got my first Gear VR sent to me about three weeks ago for the phone that I received on March 4th. The second VR is being delivered tomorrow for the phone that I received on March 12.

Guess I've got a problem , I do not think I could hear anything on the watch if you are able to answer a call on it. I'm hard of hearing.
I was gonna buy my Wife one. But she don't like wearing a watch.
And I don't wear one either so I know very little about the wearables. But I still would like to know.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
People getting the Gear S2 watch are getting the bluetooth version of the watch. It pairs with the phone and it allows you to make and take calls and messages on the watch and also get app notifications.

actually the s2 is the 3G version....

stuhast

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Just an FYI to those waiting for a FedEx tracking number...I've had a tracking #/label since 4/8. A Friday has come and gone. Still stuck in the netherworld that is Plainfield, Indiana.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967