Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Just a heads up tier 2 team.is fb and email. They just tell you the terms and conditions state it is now extended into june. They are working on getting you your gift as soon as possible, but they cannot expedite it or change shipping information for any reason.

rocktoad13

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Submitted on 3/11, approved (supposedly) on 4/14. No change on the Samsung status site for weeks, but according to this I should have received last Saturday. I'm still anticipating several more days, if not weeks.

View attachment 228991

You are in the home stretch...it will probably be a few more days after the label creation before it actually ships, least that's how mine came and went.

Toad

Posted via the Android Central App

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I submitted on 3/8 and was approved on 4/6, so tomorrow is my 8 week mark. I called Prize Logic today and was told to wait yet another week and if it still hasn't shipped they'll escalate it to their Tier II team. According to the lady I talked to, the Tier II team is the only one that can contact the shipping company. So, the wait continues.

Woa a 3/8 submiter! I didn't think there was any left.

And wow! Tier 2 escalation. LOL soon you'll be on double secret probation or be G14 classified.

I don't think anyone at prizelogic says anything to Brightpoint. I actually think that Prize logic is small beans to Brightpoint. Brightpoint probably told prizlogic to be happy that there dealing with such small fries.

No watch for me today btw, 3/9 submiter

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Just a heads up tier 2 team.is fb and email. They just tell you the terms and conditions state it is now extended into june. They are working on getting you your gift as soon as possible, but they cannot expedite it or change shipping information for any reason.

That's about what I expected. I'm on the phone with Verizon now, and I don't know who in the world you all have been talking to that was willing to send out the watches, but I can't find that person anywhere in their company. This is my 4th phone call and I've chatted with them twice, and every time they say it's Samsung's promotion and all they can do is call them to ask for information. Prize Logic then gives the Verizon rep the same lack of information that they give me. I'm about to chalk this up to one big scam, there has to be some recourse I just don't know what it is.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
That's about what I expected. I'm on the phone with Verizon now, and I don't know who in the world you all have been talking to that was willing to send out the watches, but I can't find that person anywhere in their company. This is my 4th phone call and I've chatted with them twice, and every time they say it's Samsung's promotion and all they can do is call them to ask for information. Prize Logic then gives the Verizon rep the same lack of information that they give me. I'm about to chalk this up to one big scam, there has to be some recourse I just don't know what it is.

The gal I has with Verizon felt my pain in the wait. She wasn't happy it had been as long as it had. Especially when we went through Samsung who just pushed us off to Prizelogic. When she heard the wait time with them, she went straight to her supervisor and they took care of it.

I'm sure we got lucky. I just wished they'd get their [language removed] together and send out what's supposed to be sent to those still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
3/10 submitter, approved 3/11. Got the email that the S2 was changed to a VR gear. Jumped through all the hoops that everyone else has. Was able to get the $200 eCert on 5/10. Purchased the S2 Classic on the Sammy Site. Really love this watch. Bluetooth, but didn't want the 3g version, which was heavier and thicker. However, nothing at all on the gear VR. Not sure that piece of equipment will ever show up. Seems like maybe the log jam is beginning to break up, since some are receiving watches now. Hope this is a good sign for everyone. Not even sure if anyone but me is waiting for the VR at this point. :)

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site
3/10 submitter, approved 3/11. Got the email that the S2 was changed to a VR gear. Jumped through all the hoops that everyone else has. Was able to get the $200 eCert on 5/10. Purchased the S2 Classic on the Sammy Site. Really love this watch. Bluetooth, but didn't want the 3g version, which was heavier and thicker. However, nothing at all on the gear VR. Not sure that piece of equipment will ever show up. Seems like maybe the log jam is beginning to break up, since some are receiving watches now. Hope this is a good sign for everyone. Not even sure if anyone but me is waiting for the VR at this point. :)

You're not alone. I'm waiting on a VR as well as two watches. My VR shows an estimated shipping date of 5/8/16, I called them about that and they just said that they really don't know why I don't have it.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I got in touch with PL and they 'elevated' my case or whatever to a supervisor because 'you've been waiting for a while, now.' I appreciated the interest....it was so much better than the 'we don't give a flip' attitude that I get most of the time. Aaaanyway, I was supposed to hear back from a supervisor......and I did. It was the same generic email that I've had 2 other times....'blah, blah....we are experiencing delays....blah, blah....be patient....blah, blah, but with a new twist! This time instead of ending it with 'if you have any other questions, feel free to contact us,'.....it says, (I'm LMAO...) if you have any questions, consult your T & C. Does this mean they are sick of hearing from me???

philip1959

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot posting this here but here goes. I've been following this thread for a while, and have also been calling Verizon, Samsung, and Prizelogic to try to get my watch. I've had about the same luck as others here - nothing. I don't think we're ever going to get anywhere with Samsung or Prizelogic, as we're not customers. We mean nothing to them, we're just like irritating little mosquitos buzzing in their ears. On the other hand I send Verizon money every month, and will probably continue to do so for many years to come. It's in Verizon's best interest to keep me happy. I've been a customer for over 10 years. It's in Verizon's best interest to keep me happy. I did a little research and found a site Elloitt.org, (a consumer advocate site) and from there came up with the name and address for John Granby, Senior Vice President, National Customer Service, Verizon Wireless john.granby@verizonwireless.com (sorry to the folks following this from outside the USA, I think he's only responsible for the USA) I sent him a polite but firm e-mail e-mail last Thursday evening explaining that I signed up for the promo on 3/12, got approved in a week, and have been waiting since. I explained my troubles contacting Samsung and Prizelogic, and asked for any help he could give to a long time customer before I switched to ATT. I got a call late the next morning from a nice woman at "Verizon west coast corporate offices" who was only to happy to see what she could do. She offered to send me out a watch from Verizon, the only hitch being that I would have to activate it. OK, no problem we're making progress. I asked if she was willing to upgrade me to the classic (I offered to pay the difference) and she said she would check and get back to me. Got another call back in about 15 min and it was done. She was very nice, offered me my choice of area codes and prefixes. Gave me a choice of a few numbers and offered to get more choices if I did not like them (I didn't care) Watch shipped out on Friday and with the holiday should be here tomorrow. FedEx confirms that it's on track to be delivered tomorrow. She did say that if I got another watch from Samsung/Prizelogic that it was mine to keep for my trouble. Hopefully this info will help others.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on scoring a classic (or a watch at all for that matter). My 2 watches from Verizon arrived today. As I feared, they are the Bluetooth only version (I'm one of the few that actually wants the 3g version). I will attempt to take them to the store this weekend to swap them.

Hokie23

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello there! I have an open silver (not grey) gear s2 3g (verizon) that I am interested in selling. I can do 220 bucks.

I also have an unopened grey gear s2 3g that I am interested in selling. I can do 275 for that. Let me know if anyone is interested.

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Replacement phone scheduled to get here tomorrow since my phone isn't working after only having it since March 9th. A 799 dollar phone can be shipped in a day but not a watch....still hoping my watch shows up. I can't afford one and this would help me with juggling 2 kids and 2 jobs all on my own.
On a positive note, I know my fed ex delivery manager works now lmao

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I was pretty much told just now by verizon I was stupid thinking I was going to get one from them. and when I threatened to cancel they told me so you have x amount left on your bill as well as the 2 phones. thank you for your 9 years of service. what a joke of a company.but im stuck for a while

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I hate seeing your posts every day. They make me so mad! I wished these people would get their **** together!!! People like us shouldn't have had to sit and wait and have to go to Verizon for them to fulfill our orders... Just stupid!

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting to hear back from Verizon. I have to wait until 6/2 and then I can call if she doesn't call back. I can totally understand why VZW isn't fulfilling these watches for us-- but when they do for some and not for others, that's extremely frustrating.

I'm a 3/18 submitter with 4/6 approval email. I feel like at some point, I'm gonna have to put a year at the end of those dates...

No updates on the Samsung site and no Fed Ex activity.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I hate seeing your posts every day. They make me so mad! I wished these people would get their **** together!!! People like us shouldn't have had to sit and wait and have to go to Verizon for them to fulfill our orders... Just stupid!

sorry to be a downer. the messed up thing is that I was just following up with them because they Made a support ticket a week ago. they said they would investigate and I just wanted to know what they found. when they said what they said I asked about canceling and without hesitation was told about how much idea owe.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I just contacted the promotions team here in Australia. They said at first they didn't know how long it would take but that recently they have brought on new staff and so my application should be assessed in a few days and then after that it can take up to 60 days to receive the gear VR. I had to make a new application cause I got my phone replaced with a new IMEI number. That's why I asked how long it should take to be accepted because the last time the application was stuck on registration for two weeks. She said that won't be the case this time now they have more staff. Sounds a lot like America's promotional company to me lol

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
sorry to be a downer. the messed up thing is that I was just following up with them because they Made a support ticket a week ago. they said they would investigate and I just wanted to know what they found. when they said what they said I asked about canceling and without hesitation was told about how much idea owe.

I only get frustrated as each day goes by. How some Verizon peeps are granting watches like my gal did, but others have done nothing or are snotty. I really hope some start receiving their watches, be it from Verizon and finally from prize logic

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I, too, contacted upper management at Verizon in May. I have edited out the personal info & blah, blah, but I was particularly aggravated that they (at the Executive level) were only interested in washing their hands of the entire situation. I'm happy for those who have received replacement/extra watches, but my issue is that at no point in this process has it been handled properly.
My name is <omitted> and I work in the Executive Office of Verizon Wireless. I truly appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns, as it helps us become better at what we do. I see you have been with Verizon Wireless since 2006. I just would like to thank you for your loyalty.
Upon review, I was able to verify the status of your request through the Samsung website, which states your order is pending shipment. Per your correspondence, I understand you are paying Verizon Wireless for your service; however, the promotion is through Samsung. Samsung would be fully responsible for this concern. Verizon Wireless promoted on behalf of Samsung and has no interaction as far as the fulfillment of the promotion. This promotion was not exclusive to Verizon Wireless, as other service providers were offering a similar promotion. If you are not satisfied with Samsung’s resolution, I would personally recommend escalating through other sources, such as the Better Business Bureau, should you not receive your promotional gifts.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I, too, contacted upper management at Verizon in May. I have edited out the personal info & blah, blah, but I was particularly aggravated that they (at the Executive level) were only interested in washing their hands of the entire situation. I'm happy for those who have received replacement/extra watches, but my issue is that at no point in this process has it been handled properly.
My name is <omitted> and I work in the Executive Office of Verizon Wireless. I truly appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns, as it helps us become better at what we do. I see you have been with Verizon Wireless since 2006. I just would like to thank you for your loyalty.
Upon review, I was able to verify the status of your request through the Samsung website, which states your order is pending shipment. Per your correspondence, I understand you are paying Verizon Wireless for your service; however, the promotion is through Samsung. Samsung would be fully responsible for this concern. Verizon Wireless promoted on behalf of Samsung and has no interaction as far as the fulfillment of the promotion. This promotion was not exclusive to Verizon Wireless, as other service providers were offering a similar promotion. If you are not satisfied with Samsung’s resolution, I would personally recommend escalating through other sources, such as the Better Business Bureau, should you not receive your promotional gifts.

Holy Cow...The better business bureau? Salvation is here!! :) Wonder if he would say something different if you let him know Verizon would be the one reported to the BBB. Insane....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kunal Pandya