Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I finally see something on my Fedex Delivery Manager that weighs in at 1.4lbs from Brightpoint c/o Time Warner for delivery Wed next week. Submitted 03/08/16 and approved 03/23/16. I guess I'm getting a Gear VR in addition to my Gear S2 Classic sent by Verizon.

turner3d

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Offer selected: Gear VR
Carrier: Verizon
  • 3/18: Phone received & submission posted
  • 4/1: "CheckStatus" updated to "Submission Approved. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending" and email received
  • 4/18: "Don't Forget to Download your 6-game bundle!" email received: 4/18
...zilch for weeks...
  • 6/2: Fedex Delivery Manager shows 1.5lb package on its way from Brightpoint c/o Time Warner, Plainfield IN (CheckStatus page still shows "Pending")

crice_01

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I've been lurking in she shadows for quite awhile now. I submitted for 2 Gear S2 on 3/17 and got a 4/7 approval email.

Now I see a package has been created in the FedEx delivery manager, from "BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER". The interesting thing is it is saying the shipping weight is 1.6 lbs. This doesn't add up to me. If the watches are .9 lbs, then the shipping weight should be 1.8 lbs. Or if I'm getting the VR, it should be 1.4 lbs. Anyone have any idea what they are sending me? Maybe they are sending 2 Bluetooth Gear S2?

jw1964

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Finally received Thursday 6/2. There is hope folks, hang in there! BTW, the Samsung status page still has not changed, FDM is your best bet for status.

May 12, 2016
Visit site
My daily routine has finally had a glimmer of hope. Wake up make coffee check Samsung status: nothing! drink coffee check FDM label created spit coffee everywhere. I still am not convinced that they are not just making all the remaining labels so people stop calling in but at least thats something right? IF I ever do get my 3 watches I dont know what I will do with my mornings. Maybe sign up for the Note 6 promo......

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, I now have a 1.4lb package in FDM. So I guess they've decided to send my VR. Delivery estimate is Tuesday, not that I believe it. Now I wonder how long it will take to get the two Gear S2's.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I've been lurking in she shadows for quite awhile now. I submitted for 2 Gear S2 on 3/17 and got a 4/7 approval email.

Now I see a package has been created in the FedEx delivery manager, from "BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER". The interesting thing is it is saying the shipping weight is 1.6 lbs. This doesn't add up to me. If the watches are .9 lbs, then the shipping weight should be 1.8 lbs. Or if I'm getting the VR, it should be 1.4 lbs. Anyone have any idea what they are sending me? Maybe they are sending 2 Bluetooth Gear S2?

If you look back at old posts I think some of the people who originally got the watches had that weight. I believe the you are right the Gear VR is 1.4lbs. Congrats on receiving the label, maybe there is hope for us 4/7 Letter people after all. I submitted on 3/11 and still waiting, nothing in FDM yet.

Promathia

May 12, 2016
Visit site
3/23 approval date

As of 8:40 this morning (central) my shipping status still says May 8th and FedEX is still empty.

I did reach out to Consumerist just to shed some light on the issue at hand. Not sure if/what anything may follow but it was worth a shot at this point.

hereforinfo

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I also have a label created this morning for 1.4lbs. I was actually waiting on the Gear VR, so that is good news. Good luck to all.

For those who have the VR, did you have any issues or tips to give on getting the game bundle?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

The shipping weight should include the shipping carton which if you think might weigh 0.2 lbs alone to make my example math work, then you get 0.7 (watch alone) + 0.7 (2nd watch) + 0.2 (carton) = 1.6. Just a guess.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
No activity here on anything. Wonder if we will still get anything if we got something from Verizon. (But I see that someone up above is getting a VR on top of their item from Verizon) So we shall see!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I also have a label created this morning for 1.4lbs. I was actually waiting on the Gear VR, so that is good news. Good luck to all.

For those who have the VR, did you have any issues or tips to give on getting the game bundle?

I'm calling BS that the game bundle was at all associated with the promo. Yes, it's a $50 value but you would get it with or without this promo. I took my parents VR (being in their 60's they really don't have any use for it, lol) and when I created my oculus account (using a different email than I used for the promo) the games automatically showed up.

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Label created here also... 1.6 lbs and I'm expecting 2 watches so that seems to line up with the above... Hopefully they aren't just doing this to stop us from calling!

Maybe it is just because of the 8 week thing that these are getting created, but I really ramped up my calling the last few days since they have no more excuses. Both to VZW and Prizelogic. If you waste enough call center time maybe you start costing them money so they become motivated to deal with you!

dsandman87

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The shipping weight should include the shipping carton which if you think might weigh 0.2 lbs alone to make my example math work, then you get 0.7 (watch alone) + 0.7 (2nd watch) + 0.2 (carton) = 1.6. Just a guess.

Just got a 2.3lb label in FDM; I'm expecting 3 S2's so tomatosouplabs's formula fits!

3/9 submitted, 4/7 blanket approval email. Glad to finally see some movement! I agree with downwithsamsung's comment, it would be typical of them so far to just be creating the labels to quell our complaints for a little while. Here's hoping that's not the case!

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
it would be typical of them so far to just be creating the labels to quell our complaints for a little while. Here's hoping that's not the case!

Considering that fact that you can only tell if you sign up for FDM and its coming from brightpoint, I'm hoping that isn't the case vs if we all got emails with a "tracking number" that didn't exist yet from prizelogic.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Nothing for me. I fanagled a $200 eCert previously. Now waiting for the VR. Previously told on 4/27 it would 4-6 weeks. Yesterday called prize illogical and was told 6-8 weeks from 4/27. I think the promotion is working in reverse order. Their clocks probably run the wrong direction too. I think I am going to have to buy a DeLorean to get this resolved.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
3/11 submission, 4/7 approval. Nothing in FDM. I'm really hoping that those labels produce a product by next Wed for some of you. Although, I agree, I wouldn't put it past them to create labels to stop our calling. It sounds like PL got hammered with calls over the past couple of days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asfdefsa02