Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
So Could someone who is bored do me a favor and call prizelogic and ask when your information was sent over to the fulfillment facility? Newest update is that mine was sent there 6/9 even though I am a 3/9 submitter (3 months is ridiculous)

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
AEJ123, I already know...they told me when I called a couple weeks ago. I submitted 3/11& my status showed approved on 3/25. I got the approval email on 4/7. On the call, PL originally told me 4/8 was the day I was approved. After I told them that I got the email on 4/7, so why would I get the email the day before if I wasn't approved until 4/8. They changed & said, they meant that 4/8 was the day my info was sent to the '3rd party shipper'. Of course, they also told me that there were 4 levels of approval, which we know is BS. How could your info not be sent until 6/9? 6/9???

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I've been told it has been at shipment since 4/6 but now it was showing I'm their computer that it was sent over 6/9 and I should have by no later than June 22nd. It's all just upsetting. I'm curious to see what someone who has had a watch ship or a label created gets as far as an answer if they'd ask when it was sent to fulfillment

kaelthanas

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok just checked my Fed Ex Delivery Manager and I have a package coming from brightpoint that is 1.4lbs and I'm supposed to be getting the watch which I have been told is 0.9lbs so I'm guessing my nightmare is about to get worse as I was sent a VR?

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Ok just checked my Fed Ex Delivery Manager and I have a package coming from brightpoint that is 1.4lbs and I'm supposed to be getting the watch which I have been told is 0.9lbs so I'm guessing my nightmare is about to get worse as I was sent a VR?

I believe my watch was 1.4lbs.

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site

I'm afraid you are correct. I got a VR last week and it was 1.4lbs. I have two watches on the way now and the weight is 1.6lbs.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone that had a label created the week before last received their watches? Just curious if the ETA date in FDM is still as accurate as the Samsung Check Status page...

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone that had a label created the week before last received their watches? Just curious if the ETA date in FDM is still as accurate as the Samsung Check Status page...

I had a label created in FDM on 6/3, watches didn't actually ship from IN until 6/5 and they arrived in WV on 6/8. Samsung's site updated from "pending" to giving me an actual tracking number the day after I received the watches.

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I got the sm-r730v dark grey, appears to be the 3G model. Guess I may need to go and activate it. Was only expecting the Bluetooth model.

The SM-R720 appears to be the Bluetooth only model from my very basic research.

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I got the sm-r730v dark grey, appears to be the 3G model. Guess I may need to go and activate it. Was only expecting the Bluetooth model.

The SM-R720 appears to be the Bluetooth only model from my very basic research.

You don't have to activate it if you don't want to. I'm using mine as Bluetooth only. I just turned off the mobile network, and each time the phone is powered on I just hit no when it asks about activating it.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Just an update, I received my S2 today. I'm sorry for all of you having trouble. It sucks, but I am hoping it works out for everyone.
View attachment 225853

My info:
3-7-16 - Purchased 2 s7's via phone.
3-11-16 - received phones and submitted claim - one VR headset and 1 Gear S2
3-11-16 - Received thanks for your submission emails
3-23-16 - Received Submission has been approved email for VR Headset with ship date of May 8th
4-7-16 - Received Submission approved email for Gear S2 stating that will not ship unil May or Summer 2016
4-22-16 Label Created
4-26-16 Shipment email from FedEX and FedEx DM says I have a tracking number and package weighing .9 lb's
4-27-16 Received Gear S2
Still no VR headset in case anyone was wondering.

gear s2 is 0.9 lbs

Posted via the Android Central App

May 25, 2016
Visit site
You don't have to activate it if you don't want to. I'm using mine as Bluetooth only. I just turned off the mobile network, and each time the phone is powered on I just hit no when it asks about activating it.

That's basically what I am doing as well. I think I will probably just use it as a Bluetooth. I won't really utilize it away from my phone except as a watch. I mostly want it so I don't need to access my phone in certain situations, and of course check the time.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE: FDM is showing item in transit. Expected Delivery date 6/17. Weight 1.4 lbs, and should the VR. Or perhaps the watch and a package of twizzlers as mentioned previously. :)

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have come to the conclusion that I may not see until next month. I have not called PL in the last few weeks simply because I am sick of the same bs answers. On the flip side I finally received the BOGO rebate today.

Somewhere on planet earth!

kaelthanas

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to Prizelogic about the potential that I may get a VR and not a watch and they are gonna send me a return label via email and exchange it for the correct gift. Hopefully this isn't all bs and I just get the watch on Wed.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just talked to Prizelogic about the potential that I may get a VR and not a watch and they are gonna send me a return label via email and exchange it for the correct gift. Hopefully this isn't all bs and I just get the watch on Wed.

I was told over and over again on multiple occasions that I was getting the watches. That's even what they told me in a voicemail after they "coincidentally" called me out of the blue the day after I submitted a complaint to IngramMicro... lol. I don't know how they actually called my number either. My wife is the main account holder (we get a discount because of where she works) and I don't even think the copy of the receipt for MY phone got to them. Just the one with my wife's number on it. Oh well. We shall see, but I'm glad to see that they're not being resistant on getting the wrong gift replaced. (Though who knows how many more months that will be...)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pemujica14