Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

pizzahhhhhh

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
okay, so went in to ATT store, grabbed
2 s7 edge,
2 gear s2 watches,
2 galaxy tab E's,
2 cases,
2 screen protectors,
2 wireless charge pads, and just got fedex shipping confirmation for
2 vr's
total spent was
$1003.77 (I had to pay tax on free items full price since I live in CA, if you live in a tax free state your total would come to like 900 bucks o_O)
essentially got the watch and tablet free with att
also got the bogo on the edge phones of course
and then like half off on the accessories etc.
vr's through samsung...there are so many promos going right now its wild
so this x2 basically
NOTE: My fedex tracking only says "label created for the VR's) I filed it with samsung plus on 6/24 accepted on 6/28 and was sent tracking info today 6/30)

Wow basically instant acceptance.. must be nice lol. Maybe I ruined my odds by submitting the same day I purchased the phones. Ridiculous. Nice purchase list though!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Good morning everyone. Hopefully everyone wakes up to a label in FDM.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Well, I sure as hell didn't... Hope the rest of you have a better start to your morning than me...

What really sucked was opening FDM to find a new tracking number today, then opening it up and it being something my wife ordered from Amazon last night... :-\

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I was asking anyone who has received an email saying it would be expedited...

And I was mainly speaking towards FDM. I know we don't ever receive anything from them...

Sorry should have been more clear.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

And I was mainly speaking towards FDM. I know we don't ever receive anything from them...

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm curious as well. You'd think having a BBB complaint on file would speed things up a bit but so far it hasn't done anything for me aside from p*ss me off... lol

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

I got regular updates when my label showed up in FDM & often they were updates that did not show (yet) on FDM online. Not sure if this is what you were asking, sorry, but....I did think it was odd that dates changed repeatedly before it arrived arrived. It showed up at my door fairly early in the morning when FDM online had showed it the next day. Almost immediately I got the email that it had been delivered! LOL
btw, PL/Ssung still shows me as In Route. Should I call them & give them the tracking numbers that they told BBB they were going to send me last week?

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Seriously, tho' I'm done with taunting them. After my phone was wiped yesterday, I'm kinda paranoid. This is what my screen looked like when I woke up. Any idea what this is? (Hopefully not my name/address/phone/ht/weight/ssn/etc.
Screenshot_20160630-070414.png
Oh, and they told me that there was no way this could happen unless I did it manually. Yes, I woke up in the middle of the night, learned a foreign language, & decided to wipe everything off of my phone.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Cosmic ray damage! is not covered by the warranty.

So no watch for me! Next chance is tuesday! yeay!

I'll be doing the BBB thing tonight. *sigh

You guys have a good holiday weekend!

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Well, I sure as hell didn't... Hope the rest of you have a better start to your morning than me...

What really sucked was opening FDM to find a new tracking number today, then opening it up and it being something my wife ordered from Amazon last night... :-\

Sorry to hear that. I plan on sticking around until everyone gets one.

Somewhere on planet earth!

MaineiacJay

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Found this thread in my search for how long I'd be waiting for my gear vr..

Thankfully I didn't buy the phone for the free vr, although it was motivation to get it earlier than I was planning, but I was planning to get it anyways.

So, I thought all was good and things progressed pretty well at first. Got my phone on the 26th, last day of the promotion. Registered same day. Approved on the 30th after calling because my numbers "could not be verified."

The status on the page said congratulations, I've been approved and the gift was currently in route. It also listed a tracking number.

Fedex tracking says the label has been created on the 30th and had an estimated arrival for today, the 2nd. At 9pm, it changed to "pending."

I read about 20 pages of this thread but I don't really have the time to read 140 more pages.

Id like to know if this is all good, or if it's following the same as what you all went through. Reading this forum has really got me down, but it also appears that maybe things are progressing quicker? I'm hoping maybe they learned?

How long after a label has been made did it actually start shipping? For those of you who got it anyways? Weeks? Months? Not at all?

It's free, and I didn't get the phone just for the deal, it's just a bonus for me. I'd rather them be honest and say it will take 3 months (or whatever) than to lie and make me wonder every day what's going on.

Thanks, and good luck to all

iamshawno

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Wow basically instant acceptance.. must be nice lol. Maybe I ruined my odds by submitting the same day I purchased the phones. Ridiculous. Nice purchase list though!
Seriously... and the package has been shipped and is already near me (in CA)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tracknumbers%3D940851640475135&token=9GACgzbH
If it arrives on the 7th as it says on Fedex, it will have been 2 weeks to the day after my purchase including shipping... After reading some of your guys issue, I feel way lucky on this one. Best of luck to everyone, and ill update with hopefully a fully working and new VR in a few days :)

iamshawno

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site

seriously... way quick!
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tracknumbers%3D940851640475135&token=LGeOJqdg

Thankfully I didn't buy the phone for the free vr, although it was motivation to get it earlier than I was planning, but I was planning to get it anyways.

So, I thought all was good and things progressed pretty well at first. Got my phone on the 26th, last day of the promotion. Registered same day. Approved on the 30th after calling because my numbers "could not be verified."

The status on the page said congratulations, I've been approved and the gift was currently in route. It also listed a tracking number.

Fedex tracking says the label has been created on the 30th and had an estimated arrival for today, the 2nd. At 9pm, it changed to "pending."

I read about 20 pages of this thread but I don't really have the time to read 140 more pages.

Id like to know if this is all good, or if it's following the same as what you all went through. Reading this forum has really got me down, but it also appears that maybe things are progressing quicker? I'm hoping maybe they learned?

How long after a label has been made did it actually start shipping? For those of you who got it anyways? Weeks? Months? Not at all?

It's free, and I didn't get the phone just for the deal, it's just a bonus for me. I'd rather them be honest and say it will take 3 months (or whatever) than to lie and make me wonder every day what's going on.

i posted my timeline a page or so back, and updated with a tracking number above. You can click my tracking link and see how my tracking has progressed, label created on the 29th label created 30th picked up, 1st and 2nd in transit. Im guessing yours is pending due to the Holiday weekend perhaps. Anyhow yours will probably get picked up after the 4th on Tuesday if I were to guess, then the process from there would be within a week after or so...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

If you have a tracking number then your pretty much golden. It seems as if they identified where they completely failed on the first promo and corrected it on this 2nd one. It doesn't appear they bothered to make the same corrections to the first promo though so some of us are still just sitting in the dark twiddling our thumbs...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz