Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Which is funny (to me) because I am a big man with rather large wrists and the band barely fits. (2nd notch to end is tight, 1st notch is comfy)
No Whine, No Overheating Issues.
Are you using the large band, or small band that came with the watch? I'm trying different options, but it basically comes down to it being heavier than a regular 'woman's' watch for me. Perhaps I'm still in the 'getting used to it' stage...not used to wearing a watch at all lately.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Welp another week down and no watches for me. 121 days! Tomorrow will make 4 months, that’s 1/3 of a year! Wow!

I’m just happy that there's not gear s2 app for Pokemon go right now… cause if there was Id probably just go buy the damn watch.

Hey next week is my birthday! maybe just maybe!

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if there are any stragglers left that got their watch but where did you get your band connecters from?

Aushoj here's to hoping you receive on your birthday! What a gift that would be.

Somewhere on planet earth!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Have you heard back from any of your BBB filings? I'm hoping you get a happy birthday surprise on your doorstep! Just wondering if you have talked with PL or Verizon to see what they are saying about your overly long wait at this point?

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I ordered a black band connector from somewhere...Germany, maybe? Got here in 1 week. I was taking a gamble on getting the watch eventually. Then, I ordered another (silver) from Ebay/China...waaay cheaper, but it is still traveling around. I think Amazon was cheaper by a few cents.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I ordered a black band connector from somewhere...Germany, maybe? Got here in 1 week. I was taking a gamble on getting the watch eventually. Then, I ordered another (silver) from Ebay/China...waaay cheaper, but it is still traveling around. I think Amazon was cheaper by a few cents.

Ok. Yeah I ordered mine from amazon and coming from China. Thanks.

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Are you using the large band, or small band that came with the watch? I'm trying different options, but it basically comes down to it being heavier than a regular 'woman's' watch for me. Perhaps I'm still in the 'getting used to it' stage...not used to wearing a watch at all lately.

*Almost didn't recognize you with the new Barbie Avatar*

I am using the stock small band. Eventually I'll get the upgraded band. I like the watch enough to know that when the S3 comes out I will get it. Probably the "classic" version too. The fitness, message ability, and the fact I don't need to get my phone out all the time is awesome. I also do not have a hands free radio in my car, when I get calls now I can answer and use my watch. The speaker and mic setup in it are pretty good!

And the weight is pretty much unavoidable. Batteries weigh a ton. I have to take mine off pretty frequently at work, it gets uncomfy when I am using the keyboard to type a really long email. But out and about I love it. Though the watch is extremely sassy about making sure you dont sit around...which I actually like.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
*Almost didn't recognize you with the new Barbie Avatar*
Barbie kinda had to stop 'angry screaming' now that it's all over. LOL She's wearing her Gear S2 now and seems to be pretty happy!
I've been having my clients & friends call me whenever we are together this week & I've been answering with the watch. It's so funny to see their faces when they see me talking back to them on my watch! We've had lots of giggles out of it thus far. Hoping everyone on here gets theirs by next Friday!

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Barbie kinda had to stop 'angry screaming' now that it's all over. LOL She's wearing her Gear S2 now and seems to be pretty happy!
I've been having my clients & friends call me whenever we are together this week & I've been answering with the watch. It's so funny to see their faces when they see me talking back to them on my watch! We've had lots of giggles out of it thus far. Hoping everyone on here gets theirs by next Friday!

This is a good point. I also hadn't noticed the watch on the avatar until you mentioned it.

I called one of my peers with the watch and the looks on his face was pretty good.

Amazing Spy Watches...finally here.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
huh snarky Verizon executive response team lady called and gave me a number to look at. watches.png

its the right size to not be VRs.. well see

How did she get that number I wonder..

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Welp another week down and no watches for me. 121 days! Tomorrow will make 4 months, that’s 1/3 of a year! Wow!

I’m just happy that there's not gear s2 app for Pokemon go right now… cause if there was Id probably just go buy the damn watch.

Hey next week is my birthday! maybe just maybe!

Hoping for a great birthday resolution of the watch fiasco.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Looks great! I am loving mine, although I find it quite large & bulky for a watch. We are basically wearing a computer on our wrist & I'm having the audacity to complain that it's bulky? LOL Anyway, I totally get why a woman (or man) with smaller wrists (TammyH commented on this) would have trouble with the size & weight. I find I'm having to tighten the band to keep it from slipping around...can't imaging it would be comfy if I were a petite person. Am I being socially appropriate with my gender based descriptions???

@wheresmyS2 I see a much more relaxed picture. Blood pressure must be doing better too!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
So, there's good news & bad news regarding the band adapter/connector. The expensive Samsung 'official' adapter from Germany is lightweight, plastic & the exact color of the watch. The inexpensive Ebay connecters from China are much heavier (metal?), but the dark grey is actually a bronze color. I got both silver & dark grey so I could change out bands without dealing with those 20mm spring-loaded metal pins from Hell. Sadly, the grey isn't terrible, but if you are persnickety about such things, it might be off enough to drive you crazy. Here's the pic:20160708_205146.jpg

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Aushoj....is this what I think it is??? Did you get them????
Also, are you really only 2 hours away? Time for a visit...tell us when you're down this way!

Yes! I got them! I'll post pics when I get to a real computer

There the grey ones, 3g, haven't figured out the manufacture date yet, but they had 91% charge on them. (Probably very new)

Now how to figure out how to use the thing.

The grey bands look horrible. Size and shape are good for my wrist.

Should have told that rep to let me upgrade to classics and activate them for free for a year.

Ah regrets!

But at least it's over!

Although as you can tell the bbb complaints did nothing.

But I still recommend doing them to anyone who do sent have thier watches!

I wonder if there's another general s2 use forum on this site we can all migrate too?(the mods will come after us eventually)

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I got them! I'll post pics when I get to a real computer

There the grey ones, 3g, haven't figured out the manufacture date yet, but they had 91% charge on them. (Probably very new)

Now how to figure out how to use the thing.

The grey bands look horrible. Size and shape are good for my wrist.

Should have told that rep to let me upgrade to classics and activate them for free for a year.

Ah regrets!

But at least it's over!

Although as you can tell the bbb complaints did nothing.

But I still recommend doing them to anyone who do sent have thier watches!

I wonder if there's another general s2 use forum on this site we can all migrate too?(the mods will come after us eventually)

You will know the manufacture date when you register them on the Samsung site......that is if you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha