Genius Button....Anyone Actually Use It ?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had the MyTouch 4g for a couple months now and
I dont think I've ever seriously tried to use the Genius button.

Oh I tested it 2 or 3 times but I found it was more trouble than
it was worth.
It didnt understand about half of what I said, so that part of the
phone has just collected dust.

Anyone actually use the Genius button on a regular basis ?

Anyone find it to be a stupid useless waste of space like I do ?

:(

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure on stats bro! But it is the same thing as the right most button on most android phones. I use my search button on occasion:) As far as a stats on the MT4G, I have no clue:)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I used it a couple times to find coffee shops while traveling.... it worked great plus then with one click gave me turn by turn directions.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
See thats what I'm talking about, if the Genius button wasnt there, no one would miss it because no one uses it.

T-Mobile acts like the Genius button is some great thing when its actually nothing, useless.

Dont get me wrong, the phone is great but the Genius button is a waste of space.

:eek:

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use it every time I get in the car! I think the app is awesome when used in conjunction with Car Dock. I simply turn on Car Dock every time I get in the car, and the Genius Button automatically takes over for all texts etc. It is awesome. I haven't physically texted while driving for a solid three weeks, and couldn't be more pleased.
I too thought the app was a waste of space until I used Car Dock. Also if you add Genius Button as a widget, you can turn it on to "take over" your texts and bluetooth commands until you turn it off.

Reactions: Merthal99

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, the Genius Button has made it easier to drink my Starbucks, eat a burger, and change CD's while driving. Previously texting got in the way of all that...no more with the GENIUS BUTTON.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree Lily's Dad. I played with it early on but this gives me all new reason to go back to it again. Thank you for the post

JNM

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
The Genius button on my phone is certainly used less often than was the normal Android search on my previous Android devices. However, it is MUCH more useful when sitting at my desk responding to messages and answering calls without touching the phone...especially when wearing a Bluetooth headset. Creating new messages via voice, answering those that are incoming the same way, and answering a call by simp,y saying "answer" is very much something I can get accustomed to!

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my phone and changed a system file to route the genius button to search instead. Genius button is useless in my opinion.

Sent from my myTouch 4G running EspressoBread

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomeoCatcher