Getting HULU to work on Epic

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
[MOD] Hulu on the Epic 4g (2.2.1 FROYO) [UPDATE 1/25/11] - xda-developers is the link to xda to get Hulu working on the Epic. My question is , I thought that this will support landscaping mode. But I cant get it to work in landscaping even after flashing the zip which was updated to include the new apk with landscaping support. Does anyone know how I can make it work? Because now the video, although it works, is really small in potrait mode.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out for whoever is interested. You have to go to post 119 in the above xda forum link. There you download the latest apk file for hulu (I think it's 1.0) and install it instead of the older version. This allows you to landscape, which provides a great hulu experience! Enjoy!

Reactions: bjs188 and ttn333

ttn333

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get it to run at all, get the 'hulu not supported in your platform' message. Can you give me a step by step. thanks

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get it to run at all, get the 'hulu not supported in your platform' message. Can you give me a step by step. thanks
First of all you have to be rooted and you need to be running froyo. I rooted through the second procedure in the great and helpful "ultimate routing guide" which can be found on this forum. This gave me clockwork mod as well.
Then you download the zip file from xda to your root directory on your sd card. Then
go to clockwork, make a backup first just in case, then install a zip, select the zip you just downloaded, reboot, and you should find the hulu app on the phone. If landscape mode isn't working then follow my previous instructions to get the updated version.

Last edited:
Reactions: bjs188 and ttn333

ttn333

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First of all you have to be rooted and you need to be running froyo. I rooted through the second procedure in the great and helpful "ultimate routing guide" which can be found on this forum. This gave me clockwork mod as well.
Then you download the zip file from xda to your root directory on your sd card. Then
go to clockwork, make a backup first just in case, then install a zip, select the zip you just downloaded, reboot, and you should find the hulu app on the phone. If landscape mode isn't working then follow my previous instructions to get the updated version.

Thanks. just doesn't seem to work. Phone has been rooted, running bonsai for a while now. Wonder if its the location of the zip file matters.

Grays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This was working for me last week but has since broken. I just keep getting the message its not supported on my platform. Running TER 1.5 with 1.7 Mini theme. I have fixed permissions and reinstalled a couple times but get no luck. Can anyone with the same setup verify its still working for them?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not so exclusive, worked on my fascinate woo hoo!!!!

Good deal. Thats the nice thing about the Sammy family, seems like when it comes to apps if it works on one Sammy device in the Galaxy line it almost promised to work on the rest of the family.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm this works on Epic 4G... the stream is really good actually, and landscape works fine... follow directions and link to posts 118 and 119 in the XDA thread... download and install midNIGHT's flash zip, then install the new hulu app in post 119... I didn't need to do anything else... works great out of the box...

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
quick question... does any one know a setting that can be changed on the hulu app so screen does not time out? It's annoying having to hold finger on the screen while watching... I'm guessing you can go into main settings and turn off the time out option, but usually apps have this functionality built-in to override... Thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87