Getting other peoples photos when i upload to computer

Iowan

May 30, 2023
Visit site
Samsung adding photos I did not take/download when I upload to computer. Chat had me reset the settings to factory and did not fix issue. These photos do not show up in gallery or anywhere else I can find until I upload using cord to my computer

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Which folder are you uploading from? Are you sure these aren't app media (chat apps, browser history, etc.)? If so, these are usually hidden files (since it's temp files used by apps) and wouldn't show up in your phone.

On a computer, however, you can use the option to Show Hidden/System files and this, in theory, would allow you to see any files that are in the phone, but not shown in your Gallery app.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with SpookDroid -- this is always due to images that are used by or have been cached by other apps on the phone. This is why the "Import All Photos/Videos" option on Windows is never a good idea. It's best to manually select the photos you want to copy to the PC.

Iowan

May 30, 2023
Visit site
Which folder are you uploading from? Are you sure these aren't app media (chat apps, browser history, etc.)? If so, these are usually hidden files (since it's temp files used by apps) and wouldn't show up in your phone.

On a computer, however, you can use the option to Show Hidden/System files and this, in theory, would allow you to see any files that are in the phone, but not shown in your Gallery app.
Thank you for your help. I just plug in a USB and the pictures upload directly into Microsoft Photos. Would prefer it go to a File Explorer open but can't figure that out either :)

Iowan

May 30, 2023
Visit site
Can you click on the photos to get details where maybe they are coming from?
Thats the worst/weirdest part is I can't. Right clicking to try and get properties does not work as thay only show up in Microsoft Photos. I am sure the file is blurry but this is what I get added

Attachments

• 20230530_175027.jpg
    20230530_175027.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
They might be profile thumbnails for a social media app. You can tell by how small those files are that they're almost certainly thumbnails.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thats the worst/weirdest part is I can't. Right clicking to try and get properties does not work as thay only show up in Microsoft Photos. I am sure the file is blurry but this is what I get added
You have any account associated with Microsoft photos or stock Samsung gallery Link with one drive?

Iowan

May 30, 2023
Visit site
It looks like Microsoft Photos has OneDrive set up in the program. On the Samsung, I unchecked the Gallery sync with OneDrive hoping that may help

Iowan

May 30, 2023
Visit site
Switching the Autoplay setting from import photos and videos to Open in File Explorer seems to have solved everything for me tonight.

Thank you very much for all of your assistance and help. While I wish Autoplay was an option, the File Explorer will work for me as well.

Thank you again!!!