Getting replacement phone tomorrow. What should I do first?

rgm1266

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting my replacement GN tomorrow. With my old phone, I copied the whole SD card to my computer (i.e. music files, pics, and etc.) When I get my new phone, what are the first things I should do? I'm going to use Wug's app to do the following.......

1) Unlock replacement phone
2) Root replacement phone
3) Copy old data from computer to new phone?
4) Restore old phone back to stock?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!!
Peace

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Unlock first since that wipes everything. After you can root or do whatever you like. Don't do the return to stock later tho, as that wipes everything as well and there is no reason for it at that point :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rgm1266

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Unlock first since that wipes everything. After you can root or do whatever you like. Don't do the return to stock later tho, as that wipes everything as well and there is no reason for it at that point :)

Thanks for the info. So basically I was correct in my steps on what to do when I receive my new phone. When I said return to stock, I was referring to my old phone that I have to send back to VZW. Should I just copy my old data back to my SD card? Or should I use the Wug's backup/restore data feature?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. So basically I was correct in my steps on what to do when I receive my new phone. When I said return to stock, I was referring to my old phone that I have to send back to VZW. Should I just copy my old data back to my SD card? Or should I use the Wug's backup/restore data feature?

Oh, lol, misread that :)
Yes return the old one to stock. I would backup everything you need from it (pics, music, etc) and move it to the new phone, then use TiBu to backup your apps and their data and just copy the TiBu folder to the new phone, then use it to restore them. See my TiBu guide for full suggested info on how to do that :) (link is in my signature)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000