Getting rid of the Earphone notification

Shane Radish

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
For those of you who also find this irritating and want it gone, i have 2 solutions for you.

First things first, let get root. I rooted using kingo root with my pc. Just google it.

1. Go to settings, Application manager, swipe over to All and find pagebuddynotisvc. Even with root i cant disable it, but if you force stop it then clear everything, the notification will stop. However, a restart will force it back.

NOTE: FOLLOW STEP 2 AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If you havent already, BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM APPS.

Theres 2 ways to do it, which involve downloading some stuff.

1. Thanks to Kitkat, saving to external sdcard is prohibbited, but there is a work around.

Go to the playstore and download Fx file explore, Fx root explorer and Fx sdcard fix. Install in that order and use the sdcard fix first. Restart, then go in to fx file explorer and try renaming a file on the external card.

If you can rename a file, then create a folder for the backup on the external card.

Now at the fx file explorer home screen, go to system root, system, app. Besure to tap the lock icon at the top of that page so u can copy stuff. Click and hold one item to bring up a menu and go with select items. With a file selected, tap the 3 dots in row and choose select all. Then hit copy and navigate to the folder you created, then tap the white bar that says hiw meny items and hit paste. Thats it, you now have a backup.

2. If u cant seem to get the above to work, go to google on your pc and look for android commandor.

Once installed, connect your phone and then open android commander. Click on your phone model and ok. On the right side of commander, navigate to the same folder as with fx file explorer and simply copy to a folder on your desktop.

Now that you have backed up system apps, its time to move on to step 2 of getting rid of the notification.

Use superuser to uninstall pagebuddynotisvc, then reboot.

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS, WHICH IS WHY I WANTED YOU TO BACKUP THE SYSTEM APPS.

If anything goes wrong, use android commander to reinstall pagebuddynotisvc.

I hope this helps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not a bad idea. Once rooted though, you may be able to install a custom recovery and that can back up the whole ROM in case something happens. Titanium Backup can back up apps as well.

Shane Radish

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I tried to to install a custom rom before on an older samsung and it hard bricked it, so i recomend that with caution. As for titanium backup, its never worked right for me, but im not against it. If your core prime is not activated, a custom rom is a chance you can take, however, i cant right now.

Posted via the Android Central App