Getting S7 Edge, some questions

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Going from iPhone 6S plus to S7 Edge (Verizon).

1. What apps should I install?
2. General guidelines for setting up.
3. Any other help.
4. Nervious about leaving IOS.

I posted a previous message in the wrong forum.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Get whatever apps that you had installed on the iPhone. Obviously the Apple apps won't be available such as iMessage.

As for setting up, make an iPhone backup in iTunes. If you have a Mac, install Samsung Smartswitch from the Samsung site. When you get the S7 Edge, start Smartswitch and connect the Edge to the computer. Smartswitch will prompt you to restore your iTunes backup to the Edge.

Don't get rid of the iPhone yet in case you feel like going back.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
In March just gone I was taking the first step you are now.

You will adjust I'm sure to the unfamiliar Ui on the s7 edge.

Your going to be blown away with the screen and the sheer amount of customisation on the s7 edge.

I have been using the iPhone since iPhone 4 launch to iPhone 6 Plus.

There's lots of information on forums like these, YouTube and Google.

I found most apps I used via the App Store are available via Google play. I'd suggest just to download from there and not elsewhere.

Enjoy the journey.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you log out of imessage, facetime and your itunes account on your iphone before you do the switch, otherwise you could have problems with text messages coming through. Also deregister: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/ I Used Samsung SmartSwitch, when I came over from iPhone it copied everything which was really nice. I knew nothing about Android when I made the switch and felt comfortable with it in about 2 days, the amount of customization on Android is awesome.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Great advice from the above folks. I'd add to take a few minutes and just work your way through the settings menus. It's a good way to both see what the S7E can do, and also turn off things you don't epect to use.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Watch the S7 edge review from Detroitborg on YouTube and you'll be set. It will educate you about your phone inside out in 30 minutes.

Best of luck with your new best phone ever made :D

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I have 14 days to decide. I think I am going to keep it through. OK Google was not working when screen was locked. I did a quick search and found the answer. Working great and understands me better than Siri.

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I am having a problem with getting OK GOOGLE to work when phone is locked. Is it possible to do this or do I have to unlock phone each time? Also does not work well with my 2015 Honda CRV. Says I have to use phone tags not phonebook. iPhone was able to use phonebook. I am so frustrated with Honda, I am thinking of just buying a bluetooth speaker for the car.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Going from iPhone 6S plus to S7 Edge (Verizon).

1. What apps should I install?
2. General guidelines for setting up.
3. Any other help.
4. Nervious about leaving IOS.

I posted a previous message in the wrong forum.

Easy app for photo transfer and backup on iOS or Android is Google photos. Like everyone else said smart switch is super easy to use.