Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

renegade37918

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
gosh i have a question but dont want to ask.. ok i know nothing about android but willing to learn and maybe get one next month. so is it possible to get apps and store them on pc until i get the device i want? like when an appcomes to mind get it now so it isnt forgotten..( godh this will be a hard convert from blackberry)

lgarms

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
unroot Droid

Does anyone know how to unroot a Droid (first generation)? Can't access internet on it since the data is inaccessible. '

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

climo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
very well written guide!! Was looking for something like this before I jump over to the android side!! Cant wait for the Atrix 4g to be released!!

sailmaster

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
great posting /Delaware

Thanks so much for your much needed and imformative facts regarding android for a iphone convert..
I just bought a Dell Streak with 1.6 software untill Att gets 2.2.Anyway I need to set up my Outlook contacts etc.I came from a iphone with no issues.I`m new to android so I need some help.
The google sync sounds like what I need for a smooth transition I hope.I`m not a techie so can you walk me thru the set up for my outlook transfer from a iphone to a Dell streak [android].

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, what can I say about this guide that hasn't already been said. Thanks for everything!!!!!

I look forward to getting my Evo 4G today:D

dom435

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't find locations DHD

Can someone help.. My Desire HD can no longer find any shopping, eating & drinking locations nearby my position on map. This use to work but has now stopped? Any one else experianced this?? Any help I'd appreicate it..Thanks

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Wish I would have seen this guide when I had the Behold. Am glad I found it now though. Thank you for very informing posts and images to match what's been explained. A must have for Android users, new and old.

mikeyd850

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Rooted facinate after verizon update?

I have the facinate and I rooted it a couple days after purchasing. It worked fine until verizon sent me an update about 2weeks ago. Once the update was complete the super user icon was still on my home page but I was not able to use any apps that need su permissions.

Its like the phone is not rooted at all, but the icon is there. Ive tried to unroot using one click and z4root and the softwares crash...

How do I get rid of the icon so I can re root the phone?
Any feed back will help..... Please!!!

realtoughguy84

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Creating a new photo album?

Hello! I have the LG Optimus M for Metro PCS, and I have no idea how to create a new photo album in the gallery.

I would like to be able to organize my pictures into different albums rather than just having them all grouped together in one.

Any help would be appreciated.

mtpockets1

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Incoming calls

Has anyone else experienced calls going straight to voice mail with the MyTouch 4G? I exchanged my new phone for another new phone and still happens. I spent an hour on the phone with cust. serv. and they said all my settings and software are up-to-date and in excellent working order. Then why oh why does some calls go to vm?? I checked and my phone is not set to point to voice mail. Will someone help me figure this out please.....:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci