Gingerbread available for ATT Customers

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
hmm... the link says do it by downloading software to home computer (no mention of mini kies) and the samsung gb download link is dead, but I am sure we are closer than ever

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
It's about time. Anybody know whether I run the risk of Bricking my phone if I un-root and load this up? Currently running Infused 2.2.3, which may have removed some of AT&T's bloatware.

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling that the update is going to be online tomorrow... =_=
We know that at least it's here for sure. It's just annoying how AT&T made a tiny mistake near the finish line.

wampa888

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Im getting the DM initialization error when I check for updates, Am I getting this error because the update isnt actually available just yet?

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
As of 8:43PM, the Gingerbread update still isn't live.

My dad has been waiting for this update forever so he can test Google video chat with me :D

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, come on AT&T... get your together!!! You can't give us hope by telling us this and then having this go AWOL.

InfuseSteps

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
i registered my device how long does it take to reflect on kies mini?

it says firmware version: unregistered

thank you

Last edited:

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If you guys are lucky ATT will include a free copy of your battery lasts 75% less like they did with the 2.3.6 update to the SG2

JLandes

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Kies mini to my computer last week. I pulled it up yesterday after seeing this news and got to the point I was to attach my phone and I stopped. I have only had my phone (first android) since November and have everything set up how I like it. What if the update causes issues or the benefits do not out way what I have now? Battery issues? Don't need that. I am going to sit back and wait to see what others report after they have updated then I will decide. Right now though it does look like it will let me download the new version though for others that aren't getting that option.

JLandes

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Decided not to wait after all. After saving everything on my phone, I downloaded the new update and everything is working fine. I don't really see much difference other then a couple things so far. I didn't loose any apps, pictures, contacts etc. All there and working. Well have to see if the new update does help the battery as stated.

InfuseSteps

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Decided not to wait after all. After saving everything on my phone, I downloaded the new update and everything is working fine. I don't really see much difference other then a couple things so far. I didn't loose any apps, pictures, contacts etc. All there and working. Well have to see if the new update does help the battery as stated.

did you ever get the "unregistered device" problem?

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly can't say if I'm going to update to this or not. I'm already running Infused v2.2.3 and the phone is very reliable and solid with this ROM on it. No HDMI out with this ROM but I don't use that anyway.

Going to follow this thread though just in case.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Honestly can't say if I'm going to update to this or not. I'm already running Infused v2.2.3 and the phone is very reliable and solid with this ROM on it. No HDMI out with this ROM but I don't use that anyway.

Same here. Infused 2.2.3 is very nice. Plus, I'm not sure whether it's worth the trouble. I've read that there is the potential for problems when trying to update from a ROM that removed AT&T Bloatware. Nobody has confirmed that in this instance however.

If I really want to try the latest/greatest, I'll flash the Zeus ROM. I've heard lots of good things about that one.

cbsharpe

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

I was thinking the same thing. I love my phone and have absolutely no problems with it what so ever and it's fast and has great battery time. Will continue to monitor the progress on this though......

txent

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
No luck for me. Still showing unregistered device.

baseband is UCKE3

Register your Infuse (involves providing the IMEI) on the Samsung site. I did that yesterday and the "Unregistered message" cleared this morning in Kies. The upgrade was very straight-forward, and I've seen nothing but good results thus far.