Gingerbread available for ATT Customers

ShortFuse321

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
So I talked to Samsung customer support just before they closed this evening. He actually said they knew there was a problem. They gave me a web address that he said 3 times "will not be active until tomorrow morning?. That time in the morning he could not say. So here is the link: SAMSUNG's Digital World Hopefully this will be the solution for all of us with UCKH1.

In one of the troubleshooting bullets it says that the process has been fully tested to be compatible with the CAPTIVATE device. Lol. There are so many errors in that phrase.

snowbeer

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
After seeing what it takes to actually get this official update (which for most of us most likely involves reverting by flashing an old ROM via odin), and that the previous 2.3.6 leak is the same as the recent official one, I just decided to go to a ROM based on the L2 release that is already rooted etc. I went with Zeus, which you can find over on xda. Before you start modifying it -- it just looks like stock. You can go crazy with it too, mine now looks like ICS with theming. Very happy so far. This was my first time doing anything with custom ROMs and I had no issues.

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After seeing what it takes to actually get this official update (which for most of us most likely involves reverting by flashing an old ROM via odin), and that the previous 2.3.6 leak is the same as the recent official one, I just decided to go to a ROM based on the L2 release that is already rooted etc. I went with Zeus, which you can find over on xda. Before you start modifying it -- it just looks like stock. You can go crazy with it too, mine now looks like ICS with theming. Very happy so far. This was my first time doing anything with custom ROMs and I had no issues.

I decided to try Zeus. However, after wiping the caches, I am not seeing an Imstall from SD card choice. How did you do it?

James Ervin

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
So who has this update yet? Anyone? :)
when it first came out i up graded to 2.3.6 from Kies mini, installed it on my pc and installed it thru my usb, i had no trouble, the only thing that it did, was removed Angry Birds only, backup you phone first. Now i have Gengerbread on my infuse 4g.:D:D

snowbeer

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
There should be a choice in clockwork recovery main menu that you got to by booting into recovery, assuming you are following the steps on dman's post from xda for the Zeus ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter