Gmail constantly syncing

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
@sebcom, didthe factory reset fix it? The constant notification is annoying, but the inability now to download attachments from my work email is the biggest problem. How can google not have fixed this already?!Don't wanna leave the google apps, but getting close.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
the inability now to download attachments from my work email is the biggest problem.
What kind of attachments are they? I get spreadsheets nearly every day and have no issues downloading those files.
What email service does your work use?

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The attachments I can't download are Word documents. My work uses GroupWise email. Never had a problem until a few weeks ago. Just annoying it hasn't been fixed yet.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I ended up finally getting my work email set up through Blue Mail, deleted it from Gmail, and the syncing disappeared. Was instantly able to open attachments in my work email too through Blue Mail. Glad that some are seeing the problem fixed, but will probably not go back through gmail with an additional account.

sebcom

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Repaired! I just got 8.1.28.18601335 from the Play Store and constant sync notification disappeared. Attachements are available again, bref ça fonctionne de nouveau !

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
i like staying google ecosystem but i have to say Bluemail has bee na welcomed change.

NO MORE CONVERSATION MODE that i cannot change... I hate threaded emails

Also when sending pictures as attachments, i can choose whether or not I want ot reduce the file size and it gives a few different size options...even apple does that i think but not gmail

sebcom

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Hello Pixelfan56, not sure to understand: is your post related to the subject of this thread? Have you got any constant sync notification with Gmail?
By the way, last official update solved this issue.

Mihto

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I've now resolved the issue by manually updating Gmail through the app store and restarting my phone. Hope this helps.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I'll jump on the bandwagon here too. about every 15 minutes for me. but if I'm honest it doesn't really affect my battery life, I still go home after a 12 hour shift with around 50 percent. so it's not bothering me

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed problems with notifications? I've been having a problem with clearing notifications from the shade and then not having the tab notifications in the app. You know when you open the app and in the primary tab it tells you how many emails are in the other tabs? I don't have that anymore and it carries over to the website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac