Gmail in Samsung email

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi

I have a problem with my Samsung A51 5g email.
When I try to synchronize my Gmail account in Samsung email, the message "Enter the account password below..." appears. Then if I enter the password, the Google screen "Select an account" appears. After selecting the account, I get the screen "The Samsung Email application wants to access your Google account" and, after clicking "Allow", the screen, after a while, goes to "www.google.com" and nothing happens.
In other words, I can't authenticate or synchronize my Gmail account in Samsung email.
Thanks for any help
Regards

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I too use the Samsung offering vs the Gmail app, I prefer the interface and options to the Gmail app.

Anyway, can we assume that it used to work, or have you been having issues since getting this device?

Since it sounds like it is only your Gmail account and not your other accounts, have you checked your Gmail usage/account data usage? Google is kind of unforgiving if you've reached your data limit and will cut off your ability to send or receive emails if you're at the limit. You should be getting notifications and offers for paid services if you've reached your limit. You can of course check your storage total anywhere you are logged in by touching your profile picture>manage account.

If you have not met or exceeded your storage limit, I would first try to clear the cache for the Samsung Mail app. You may still have to add your Gmail account but if everything worked it in the past this may get you right back in the game.

If that is unsuccessful, clear the app data for the Samsung Mail app. After this you will have to add all of your accounts back for sure.

If you are still unable to sync, try uninstalling the Samsung Mail app. I cannot verify if this will only uninstall the updates to the app or if it will uninstall the whole app. If it only uninstalls the updates, go ahead and log into all of your accounts and let the app update naturally or manually update after adding everything back. It is possible something went wrong with the last update that glitched the app.

Let us know what you find and we'll offer you more advice after hearing your results.

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
I too use the Samsung offering vs the Gmail app, I prefer the interface and options to the Gmail app.

Anyway, can we assume that it used to work, or have you been having issues since getting this device?

Since it sounds like it is only your Gmail account and not your other accounts, have you checked your Gmail usage/account data usage? Google is kind of unforgiving if you've reached your data limit and will cut off your ability to send or receive emails if you're at the limit. You should be getting notifications and offers for paid services if you've reached your limit. You can of course check your storage total anywhere you are logged in by touching your profile picture>manage account.

If you have not met or exceeded your storage limit, I would first try to clear the cache for the Samsung Mail app. You may still have to add your Gmail account but if everything worked it in the past this may get you right back in the game.

If that is unsuccessful, clear the app data for the Samsung Mail app. After this you will have to add all of your accounts back for sure.

If you are still unable to sync, try uninstalling the Samsung Mail app. I cannot verify if this will only uninstall the updates to the app or if it will uninstall the whole app. If it only uninstalls the updates, go ahead and log into all of your accounts and let the app update naturally or manually update after adding everything back. It is possible something went wrong with the last update that glitched the app.

Let us know what you find and we'll offer you more advice after hearing your results.
Hi
This problem appeared when I changed my Gmail account password.

Before, everything worked perfectly well and, as I said, on the Tablet, even with Samsung email, I have no problem.

I think the problem is with the phone's permissions because, as I said, when authorizing the device, on the Google account screen, after a while it reverts to "www.google.com"! and, in Samsung email, it continues to ask me to "log in again, enter the account password...".

This Gmail account is not my main account and is rarely used.
Thanks
Regards

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi again
I just created a new Gmail account and everything was fine until the stage of authorizing Samsung email to access the Google account. The same problem happened again.
Regards

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Try cleaning the Data and force stop it in Samsung email app and start over again
Hi
By cleaning up email data, mails are also deleted. Correct?
Any way to conserve the mail folders with the respective emails?

I still don't understand if the problem is with Gmail or with access to the Google account through Samsung email to the respective authorization in this smartphone despite not having any problem accessing these account, for example, thru the browser.
Thanks again,
Regards

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

The issue looks like it is solved.
The problem was the browser, in the case, the "Edge".
When I did the same operations with the "Chrome" activated, everything went OK without any problem.
Now I can access the Gmail accounts in Samsung Email.
Thanks for your suggestions/support,
Regards
I'm so glad you found what was causing your issue & posted your results.

Good job on tracking down the culprit. ☺️