GNex now or GS3 later?

Hangfire79

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
1.8 dual core, 2GBmemory, Super AMOLED HD Plus... etc etc. Wow, that will be something. I guess I'll just go with the Nexus and put $20 aside out of every check for the GS3 when it finally does come out.

Hangfire79

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll just get both .. but if the release is going to be too close to the iPhone 5, I'll probably just get the iPhone.

While the iphone is a beast of a device, I simply can't help but look at it as a feminine device. I'm not being sexist in any way, it's just too cute to be a man's phone. LOL

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
1.8 dual core, 2GBmemory, Super AMOLED HD Plus... etc etc. Wow, that will be something. I guess I'll just go with the Nexus and put $20 aside out of every check for the GS3 when it finally does come out.

That's if it comes to Verizon they did skip the sgs2

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
A non Nexus Samsung phone? No thanks.

The only reason I'm getting the GN is because its pure Android.

I'd have no interest at all in another Samsung phone no matter the specs unless it was the only phone on the market with an unlocked boot loader. Bloat, terrible update frequency, always a fragile feel to it, etc etc.

I was torn between the Razr and the gnex for a while just because I prefer the hardware Motorola uses with the radios and tthe build quality. But I just want pure Android too much. So if the gnex wasn't pure android I wouldn't even have considered it ie sgs3...

BitGambit

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If you're gonna wait for the galaxy s III, I would just wait for the next Nexus next year. Which probably will have the same if not better internals than the GS3.. Plus, it'll have the new Jelly bean/Key lime pie (?) OS optimized for that hardware. All speculation of course.. :p

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
If you're gonna wait for the galaxy s III, I would just wait for the next Nexus next year. Which probably will have the same if not better internals than the GS3.. Plus, it'll have the new Jelly bean/Key lime pie (?) OS optimized for that hardware. All speculation of course.. :p

The problem is if you wait for the next Nexus there will be leaks about the next next Nexus and the GS4 with 8 cores. What to do ... what to do.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Tbh if the sgs2 would have came to verizon I would have gotten it. Samsung sucks in the states with updates(carriers dont help) but the hardware and software are such a great combo on the sgs2 I can only imagine how much better it will perform with ICS. I am on verizon so we never got that so I am going with the nexus. Hopefully verizon gets the sgs3, and not to mention samsung products have a huge dev following and are easily rooted and bootloaders unlocked.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Another elephant almost in the room...Moto shareholders vote on Nov 17th on Google purchase of Moto. Wonder if Panda has any future-cast on what kind of phone Google intends to build to showcase Android 5.0, 6.0 or_____?

johnnieeve

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What phone are you using at this time? Is it in good shape? Will it last another year or so?

Sit down and write the most important five or 6 specs specs you want to see in a replacement phone, looking (Guessing) at what possibly will be coming out in the next 6 months or so. I did that 1-1/2 years ago and have waited for the right device to come along on Verizon. The GNex works for me. Especially coming with ICS. I'm thinking big things are ahead with this new android OS. The time is right for me to buy now. Of course there will be "Better" devices right arounf the corner. But, my original Droid is tired and I'm ready to switch.

Hangfire79

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, thnx for the input from all. I'm pretty certain I'll go with the Nexus at this point as something would be better than nothing. I appreciate the suggestions to simply sell it if the GSIII comes out sooner, hadn't really considered that because of the aggravation.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree with most of these posters there will always be something better around the corner.But im a gamer and i want LTE there is no great gpu LTE combo out now. i really want the Nexus but i really want a great GPU wish there was a tegra 2 with LTE and 1gb of ram i may be waiting for the tegra 3 phones if the galaxy nexus isnt released this month.:-\

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
We Galaxy Nexus fans need to ask our selves one question if this phone was not a nexus and just had Gingerbread what if these were the specs

4.3in superamoled HD 720p pentile screen with curved fortified glass (smaller screen as there is no need for onscreen buttons)
1.2 ghz dual core omap 4460
1gb of ram
32gb on board memory non removable
5mp camera zero shutter lag
1.3mp front camera
gingerbread 2.3.7

Last edited:

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have to make this decision. My contract expires in April and as much as I want the Nexus, I'm perfectly happy to wait and see what's out there at the time. Hopefully we'll have many ICS devices including the GS3 to help decide and prices will have fallen. I really don't want to spend $300, so who knows by that the Nexus may be cheaper and I buy it.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

What's your source on the GS3 specs? These we're the rumored specs. that popped up over 2 months ago but, shortly thereafter, they were reportedly debunked by someone @ Samsung. I haven't heard anything since then. That's interesting, if true.

Hangfire79

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What's your source on the GS3 specs? These we're the rumored specs. that popped up over 2 months ago but, shortly thereafter, they were reportedly debunked by someone @ Samsung. I haven't heard anything since then. That's interesting, if true.

No sources, just regurgitating the same specs you read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174